Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of all the things I have done on my bike till now.Its a 2015 Icon.

Cosmetic:

Got a front fender from an urban enduro
Complete set of side panels from the cafe racer which bolted straight onto the scrambler. The only thing i needed to change was the position of the seat lock which was very easy.Needed to trim the seat with an angle grinder which took me about 1 hour. Also brake reservoir needs to be moved a bit.I order the bracket from the cafe racer but that did not arrive yet.

Mirrors from the sixty2
Removed evap canister
Rear fender from the classic with a tail tidy from rg-racing.
Changed the original exhaust for one of a sixty2. I like to see the engine and a big bonus is that its a lot cooler especially when waiting for traffic lights. Before my right leg got roasted when standing still for more then 20 seconds or so.

Got rid of the lambda sensors because they are routed differently for this exhaust so there is almost no space for the wiring. Installed the lambda sensor eliminator kit i bought on ebay which works.
Oxygen lambda o2 sensor eliminator kit Ducati Scrambler 800 All Models 5213008254862 | eBay

Painted front and rear fender black and bought a set of black side panels for the tank.

Changed the logo on the tank for a set of 8 inch stickers on ebay 2 DUCATI white car sticker | eBay

Painted the letters on the tires white, proper 70's style.

Functional:

Changed the rear wheel and tire for one out of a sixty2, now handling is much better. Did not like the way the bike fell into corners with the 180 tire.
Bypassed the rubbers on the stem so the handlebar does not flex anymore, this is by far the cheapest and most effective mod anyone can make to their bike. It totally transforms the handling.
just google "The best free Scrambler modification or your money back"
Got a throttle tamer, no more need to let the clutch slip all the time at very slow speeds.
Installed the hyperpro front springs and rear shock from the streetbox kit, ride is more plush now.

Got a set of wider foot pegs on ebay, very comfortable.Ended up not using the extention that comes with the pegs.
Multi Step 40mm Tour Black Front Foot Pegs For Ducati Multistrada 1000 DS All | eBay

Got a rear rack from LTK motorparts in Bangkok and also waterproof bags , they made it possible to mount a side rack to it (takes about 2 minutes). You can contact them through their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ltkmotorparts/ .Both bags are 19 liter, no need to get a smaller size on the exhaust side.
Rack costs 4900 baht, side racks cost 2800 baht for 2 and bags cost 2800 baht for 2 . These bags seem to be bicycle bags and have a quick release.

20190214_145057.jpg
View attachment 38389
20190214_145247.jpg
20190214_154126.jpg
20190214_153436.jpg
View attachment 38397

1 - 2 of 2 Posts