Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks. I have just read a couple of reviews of them. They might tempt me away from the Avon Trailrider when the time comes to replace the FTP tyres. I do like the fact they have a radial front in the correct size.

P.S, What is the story behind the bent gear lever?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I have just read a couple of reviews of them. They might tempt me away from the Avon Trailrider when the time comes to replace the FTP tyres. I do like the fact they have a radial front in the correct size.

P.S, What is the story behind the bent gear lever?
The main reason I hated the front PR2 was that it dumped me in a spot of mud in a service station parking lot. Once it started sliding: like ice. I had to hand bend the gear lever out a bit to make it work. I hand bent a little more at the house but I found it was easier to get my boot under it: thus easier to shift, so I left it where it is now. I tend to blame the PR2, but the front brake had gotten a bit grabby on initial bite too. ABS was flashing when I got it restarted. EBC HH pads have returned smooth two finger operation.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4500 mi -- another tire disappointment. Worked fine but seemed to evaporate. So, on to an Avon Trailrider...

Front still looks OK. Works great, we'll see how long it lasts.

DSCF6744.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts