Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get one of these - for anyone who has one, is it right that the one for the M696 fits the Scrambler?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Aye wee Owl,
I'm sure I ordered the fitting kit for the 796 as per Derek's advice.
I'm also near certain that it's the same kit as the 696 anyway.

I found like Derek that it does work a treat but, there's always a but. You need to slip a small something UP into the footpegs hinge to hold them up slightly as they are too wide and fowl the lift.
You'll see, and it's very easy. Once you find something neat they will just stay with your lift as part of the kit.
There is a picture somewhere of my Scrambler on the lift from the rear, there's also a photo in Dereks thread ABBA lift of my other bike which clearly shows the attachments that allow both wheels to leave the ground.
Just saying, so that you know what they are on about if you see it listed.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I've just been in touch with Abba stands, I thought i'd buy the Superbike stand, sooo I asked the guy for the Scrambler fitting kit details, Because I was going to purchase the stand from Demon Tweeks in Wrexham,
I was going to call over there later today, :)

They don't do one for the Scrambler yet, they're working on it, :rolleyes:

Can you guys confirm the fitting kit required, number etc, and that it does fit and work ok,Please , and is safe to work on the bike ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Safe as houses :)

Get the 796 kit and like Hui says you'll need to slip something under the footrest hinges to keep them clear of the stand uprights. I uses a small piece of 2mm thick aluminium alloy.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just ordered the stand with the 796 fitting kit, :) could be here tomorrow :rolleyes:

I didn't order the front lift arm kit though, I'll see how it goes, :D

Just listening to my Abba CDs too, Terry, :cool: may go down The Waterloo for a pint later, ;)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Ok, I bought the Abba sports bike stand with the Ducati 796 fitting kit, :)

And it works a treat, Thanks guys, :cool:

I have the Motech footrests on mine (they stick out further than standard) so I took them off after the first trial fit, had the bottom part of the stand been another 3 inches wider I could have possibly left them on, but no problem, the bike was as solid as a rock, I may get the bottom adaptor kit too,

N0ddie, the stand locations fit over the nuts in the recess of the swing arm fulcrum point,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts