Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help with this.. My Icon has been hibernating over the winter for 3 months. I reconnected the battery and she started up fine, however the ABS error warning has come on and the speedo is showing "---". Has anyone ever experienced this? The bike was running fine when I put her away in December.

Cheers

James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop I bought the bike from said try a new battery. Seems strange to me though if the battery is strong enough to start the bike why would it affect the ABS. We're on lockdown here in Spain so I can't take it to anyone to check the error codes or whatever.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have you tried riding it around for a short trip at moderate speed?

When I first start the bike and it is idling, 2 warning lights will flash amber (I think the DTC and ABS) until I start moving >10 mph, then they go away.

Maybe after the battery is disconnected for a long time, it needs a similar movement 'reset' like this so the ABS can re-calibrate? <- this is just a pure guess.

Just want to eliminate this as a possibility...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ocean Scrambler,

Yea I started the bike and rode it several times now and its still the same. I also tried disconnecting the battery and reconecting but this didn't help either. The place I bought it from said put a new battery in, but this seems strange to me as if the battery can start the bike it should be ok no? We are on lockdown here in Spain so I can't take the bike to any mechanics for the time being.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Humm...ok just wanted to eliminate the low hanging fruit.

I'm with you on that about the battery, if it has enough power to start the motor it should be OK and not need a change. Maybe ask the selling shop again and reiterate that it has enough juice to start and why they suggested to change the battery. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Hope you are staying well in Spain...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I'll ask them why they suggested that.. Thanks anyway and good luck to you over in the US!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts