Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Cafe racer 2017, and the ABS light started flashing while i was riding and then the check engine light came on. A error is coming up ABS ive gone into settings because someone suggested turning the ABS back on but it wont allow me to do anything. Just wondering if it would have anything to do with speed because it has come on after i opened the bike up.
Can anyone help me with this problem.
Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The ABS unit does use the wheel rotation speed sensors among others. When you opened the bike up can you provide more details? What was disconnected, moved, adjusted etc?
Does the speedometer still show the correct speed when moving?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ABS unit does use the wheel rotation speed sensors among others. When you opened the bike up can you provide more details? What was disconnected, moved, adjusted etc?
Does the speedometer still show the correct speed when moving?

Thank you for responding,
I meant took the bike up over 200 klm it was the first time i had done this on the bike, ever thing else seems fine and the light never came on straight away, but on the way home it came on and then the check engine light came on as well. The speedo is still working the same.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The speed you were doing will not have caused any issues with the ABS.
The first thing I would do is check the ABS fuse. If that is okay the next thing would be to take the bike to a dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check your sensor rings on the wheels to make sure the sensors are picking up the wheel speed. Not likely the problem but you can make sure they are clean and nothing is blocking their function. Also check the wires on the sensors to make sure they are not damaged and properly connected. Just a guess but it will cost you nothing but a few minutes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts