Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I am going to ask may be daft, so if it is please be kind! I have a Desert Sled now three months and 3000km old. I have never felt the ABS come on. I have had a brake issue - the rear brake fluid was contaminated and the pedal went to the stop. The fluid is going dark again so this weekend I did some emergency stops - not very impressed with the braking - and then from 120 km I grabbed full brake as hard as I could and stood on the rear still no ABS. So my question is, 'Is my experience the same as yours or do you guys feel the ABS come on often?' I am anticipating that the ABS feels as a rapid pulsing. Actually I think that both brakes are so poor that I cannot exert enough force to lock either wheel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What I am going to ask may be daft, so if it is please be kind! I have a Desert Sled now three months and 3000km old. I have never felt the ABS come on. I have had a brake issue - the rear brake fluid was contaminated and the pedal went to the stop. The fluid is going dark again so this weekend I did some emergency stops - not very impressed with the braking - and then from 120 km I grabbed full brake as hard as I could and stood on the rear still no ABS. So my question is, 'Is my experience the same as yours or do you guys feel the ABS come on often?' I am anticipating that the ABS feels as a rapid pulsing. Actually I think that both brakes are so poor that I cannot exert enough force to lock either wheel.
You should definitely check it on my ds 2019 it's extremely sensitive the breaking force front and rear is amazing and if you slightly touch the break you can't feel any skid. Actually i deactivate the abs often even on highway because it's way to intrusive. You can't slide the rear wheel even with full brake with the bike leaning.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just today, rounding a curve on a lonesome back road I encounter a car full in my lane dodging a wash out. I'm on the front hard. I don't feel any pulsing but I definitely hear it. Stopped straight and true. I was right on the edge of the road and pretty sure there was some loose stuff. My right foot doesn't work well enough to be useful in such situations. I use the rear brake for low speed and occasional light trail braking.

Also, two weeks ago installing new rear tire, no brake at all when back together. Speed bleeder made it easy as there was a lot of air in there. Puzzling.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both for your replies. Well I will bleed the brakes again. The performance is just crap so no doubt the ABS is not coming on because there is not enough braking force to bring the wheel anywhere near to lock up. If there is air in the ABS pump though I have no idea how to get it out. Air works it's way up not down!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've seen diy pumps to bleed brakes on YouTube with a plastic bottle and a syringe. It's worth the try. It won't cost more than a couple of bucks

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts