Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of owning this beautiful ride, I am thinking about adding a sport bike to the stable. Really torn between the Panigale 899 or RS660 Aprilia. One has newer technology and improve electronic, the other is a superbike both about the same price.
H

·
Registered
10 Posts
My heart says Panigale but the RS660 might be more liveable. You can probably go touring on an RS. That said, if you’re keeping the Cafe, I’d go Panigale.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you considered the new SuperSport 950? I’d say that’s a more direct competitor to the RS660? This years facelift makes it super good looking. Or alternatively last years models are going quite cheap.....
Watch the reviews, it’s a good road biased sports bike.
I took out a 950S demo last week and found it great fun. Plenty of performance, excellent gearbox and quick shifter. The handling was stable and it flowed from corner to corner. It really reminded me of the 916.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about the new SS but a bit heavy for my taste. I prefer something lighter and nimble like RS660 or V2 but I don’t have enough skill for V2 as of now. Maybe a few more years riding before getting a true sport bike.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Never done it myself as I'm a happy potterer but have you considered a track only bike. A few of my mates ended up doing this due to not really being able to have 'enough fun' on the roads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 Triumph Street Triple Rx. it is FUN to ride—I absolutely love it—and the quickshifter is guaranteed to put a smile on your face (even though I feel like I'm cheating somehow by using it?). the perfect amount of power (although you could upgrade to the speed triple if you're itching for more), incredible handling, and it's surprisingly comfortable. makes my 2016 scrambler feel like it's 40 years old :oops: ride one and see for yourself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts