Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 2016 Scrambler Classic has the Evotech skid plate, oil cooler guard, and rectifier guard. Also has Barkbuster Storm protectors, with the led running lights. I put Michelin Anakee Wild tires on. Tried doing a tubeless conversion, but didn’t have enough time before the trip. Puig shorty levers on back order. Got my Sargent seat in time. Ran sections 1-4 of the MABDR 5/26 - 5/29. A lot of rain several days before the trip. Also heavy rain the night before section 2. There was a lot of water draining of the mountains. You know how mountain roads bend back and forth to lose or gain altitude over the mountain, well, almost every single one of those bends had a large puddle, pond, or stream running across it. One corner was washed out. Also had a culvert out that took out the whole road. We got there as the Forest Service was replacing it. After 30 minutes the operator said “be careful it’s a little muddy”. To my mind Tubb Run Road was the toughest. Lots of rocks sticking up all over would be bad enough, but then it was muddy everywhere in between. Overall the trip was great, the scenery was beautiful, and we met a lot of nice people, including Shira Kamil and Brian Rathjen from Backroads Magazine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts