Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to know what's good out there regarding LED bulbs for my Icon scrambler.

The stock one is not bright enough so I would like to upgrade it but I'm not sure about quality products for our scramblers.

THanksss!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi, I would like to know what's good out there regarding LED bulbs for my Icon scrambler.

The stock one is not bright enough so I would like to upgrade it but I'm not sure about quality products for our scramblers.

THanksss!!!
I've had very good luck with using superbrightleds.com for turn signal LEDs for my Icon. I haven't done my headlight, but their Bulb Finder says that these are the replacement headlight bulbs for our bikes:
Motorcycle LED Headlight Conversion Kit - H4 LED Fanless Headlight Conversion Kit with Compact Heat Sink | High Beam and Low Beam Headlight Bulb | Motorcycle Front LED Bulbs | LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

If you want turn signal bulbs, be careful, because their bulb finder is wrong. Here are my experiences doing turn signal LEDs on mine:
http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/replacing-oem-turn-signal-bulbs-with-leds.20737/

They're really, really nice to deal with, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had very good luck with using superbrightleds.com for turn signal LEDs for my Icon. I haven't done my headlight, but their Bulb Finder says that these are the replacement headlight bulbs for our bikes:
Motorcycle LED Headlight Conversion Kit - H4 LED Fanless Headlight Conversion Kit with Compact Heat Sink | High Beam and Low Beam Headlight Bulb | Motorcycle Front LED Bulbs | LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

If you want turn signal bulbs, be careful, because their bulb finder is wrong. Here are my experiences doing turn signal LEDs on mine:
http://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/replacing-oem-turn-signal-bulbs-with-leds.20737/

thanks so much!!! very helpful!!! does the turn signal ones make a great difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Did you require load balancers to prevent hyper flash?

·
Registered
292 Posts
thanks so much!!! very helpful!!! does the turn signal ones make a great difference?
The ones I ended up using are a bit (but not a ton) brighter, but I really like the way that the look because the cycle time for an LED (the time from when the bulb is completely off to when it's at full brightness) is a lot faster than with an incandescent bulb, so the blinks are a lot "cleaner" and more immediate.

Did you require load balancers to prevent hyper flash?
Nope. The bulbs I used work fine right out of the box. Nothing else required.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven't tried a different headlight bulb yet, and I actually really hate the way that those conversion lights from Motodemic look. I think they're just impossibly ugly. I wouldn't mind a brighter main beam light though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't tried a different headlight bulb yet, and I actually really hate the way that those conversion lights from Motodemic look. I think they're just impossibly ugly. I wouldn't mind a brighter main beam light though.
LOL, to each their own..I think they kinda look steampunk cool in black..but pricey!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This one will never fit the Scrambler with without leaving the back cover off.... (in which case moist could get in the housing)
Are you sure? Do you have first hand experience? The site says mini bulbs to fit motorcycles. Specifically has Scrambler for fitment. Just asking to verify if good fit or not.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I tried a different H4 bulb that was just a few mm taller on the connector side and I couldn't even fit the back cover.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Does anyone know of a replacement headlight bulb that fits and is brighter?
I didn't know just how good my FTP is at tipping into a fairly sharp right-hander, very quickly, at about 60mph.
Dark night, misty and drizzle on a road new to me. Been down it two hours before and on the return journey.
Two cars coming towards me, very quickly followed by the corner. I couldn't the road that well but somehow thought the road was straight. It wasn't
The Scrambler went round the corner perfectly. It was all over in a flash and I wound the gas on. My mate who was following, was nowhere in sight. The next day he said to me 'I didn't know you were that fast'. I said 'nor did I'. :acne:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes - this is the one I fitted - the other ones from Phillips (extreme?) are too tall to close cover.

I just changed my 1100 too.

TBH on 1100 it did not make much difference - it did on 800 - maybe they upgraded bulbs already.

I fitted spots on my 800 to help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts