Registered
302 Posts
Those look nice!!
Thanks!

Here's how they look from the front:

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

And, with the indicator on:

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Shelf

I have the indicators on the headlight also, so there's a double effect up front.

-Bob

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Your bike looks terrific @ryanr256 ! Thanks for sharing those pics. It appears SR Moto does not ship to Canada.

However, I'll add the Zeta guards to my long list of maybes. I've found so many interesting options that are either a) bike specific and not for a tapered bar b) does not ship to Canada c) back ordered and not available for months or d) all of the above :sneaky:

The search continues....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Your bike looks terrific @ryanr256 ! Thanks for sharing those pics. It appears SR Moto does not ship to Canada.

However, I'll add the Zeta guards to my long list of maybes. I've found so many interesting options that are either a) bike specific and not for a tapered bar b) does not ship to Canada c) back ordered and not available for months or d) all of the above :sneaky:

The search continues....
A quick Google search on "zeta hand guards canada" came up with this:

The FT, and FTP, tapered bars need the 1 1/8 clamps.

-Bob

·
Registered
848 Posts
I need to figure out which handlebar is on my bike. It's clearly not the stock Classic bar. The bar diameter is 90 mm (just over 3 1/2") at the clamps and narrows to 70 mm (just over 2 1/4") next to the grip.
Can't help myself... sounds like you measured the circumference not the diameter of the bars.

The standard Icon handlebar is a 7/8" or 22.2mm bar. Kinda old school mx, skinny but constant diameter all the way along.

1 1/8” , 28.6mm, "oversize", Fatbar, tapered bar is what comes fitted to the Full Throttle and most bikes nowadays.

Those two standard sizes, 7/8" or 1 1/8" are basically only two sizes you'll find but that diameter only refers to the clamping point in the middle.
How quickly a fat bar tapers down to 22.2mm, the rise, sweep, width, height etc... can all affect how handguards fit.

Rectangle Slope Line Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes, totally, @Joooooooosh . I've recognized that error already - tho I still haven't installed handguards as any of the ones I want are either currently back ordered or wrong colour. I'm leaving for a big trip in a couple days - without handguards :cry: But plan to get an FT Bark Buster backbone when back in stock in September (hopefully)
Thanks so much for the good explanation and diagram! Super helpful!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If you are ultimately going with Bark Busters keep in mind that with BB guards you can fit Blizzards over the backbones in a matter of minutes. My wife says these are gods gift to women bikers in colder weather. I'm not sure whether it would be so easy to fit them over other brands of handguards with alloy backbones.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are ultimately going with Bark Busters keep in mind that with BB guards you can fit Blizzards over the backbones in a matter of minutes. My wife says these are gods gift to women bikers in colder weather. I'm not sure whether it would be so easy to fit them over other brands of handguards with alloy backbones.

Oooh blizzards!!! I might have to get a set!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Oooh blizzards!!! I might have to get a set!!

They are literally a 5 minute install and remove. You just undo the bolt that holds the handlebar weight on, fit the Blizzards to the bar and replace the bolt.
They do work really well to protect hands from weather, with heated grips you ride in light weight gloves most of the year here (maybe not so in places where it gets really cold) and your hands stay much drier in rain as they are inside the guard not just behind it like guards designed for crash protection.
If my Triumph didn't have to have the OEM guards removed to fit these I would probably have a set as well for that bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My husband has hippo hands on his vstrom. While I like the idea of them, I'm wigged out by the idea of my hands inside and not being able to see the controls. The blizzards look like a really nice compromise. Thanks for the pics and descriptions @K1W1 !

21 - 34 of 34 Posts