Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a Scrambler and the dealership has a 2015 and a 2016. As I understand, but are identical bikes buy they will give me a really good deal on the 2015.

Am I missing something here?
Is there a catch?
What would you choose and why?
Any impact on resale?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Mich so far as I know the bikes are identical, mechanically and aesthetically speaking. Were it my choice I would most definitely take "the deal" and own the original model year

·
Registered
67 Posts
There the same bike just registered at different times, go for the cheaper one and save a bit of money on the depreciation. Good luck

·
Registered
227 Posts
First year 2015 will have more resale value. There is not difference between the bikes so save some money now and get more money when you sell it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd go for the '15

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it helps, I got my 2016 last September. That's before they announced the sixty2 and flat track pro. It's definitely the same bike as the 2015.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Dealers typically try to dump their previous year's inventory because they need to push their new model years. Lucky for you and others in your situation, since the Scrambler is essentially the same from 2015 to 2016, I'd definitely go with the 2015 and save yourself some money for farkling!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts