Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody installed aftermarket clutch lever or complete clutch assembly? Can you share experience? I'm not thrilled by stock clutch lever and it's not adjustable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess aftermarket assembly must be able to accommodate clutch switch?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, those looks cool, but I would prefer replace complete assembly - lever and stanchion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought used (under 500 miles) Desert Sled. Dealer said guy trade it for cruiser. I guess he dropped it on left side at some point. No visible damage on bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have standard levers and have adjusted the brake side to the perfect position for me, but the no adjustment for the clutch. I have looked at the aftermarket ones, does long mean the same length handle as standard and short, shorter than standard?

I have no issue with the length either would just like adjustment.

Paul

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have standard levers and have adjusted the brake side to the perfect position for me, but the no adjustment for the clutch. I have looked at the aftermarket ones, does long mean the same length handle as standard and short, shorter than standard?

I have no issue with the length either would just like adjustment.

Paul
Yes, long is standard. I buy the adjustable length type, that way you can have a longer clutch and a two finger brake etc. etc.
For instance, my wife likes a different set-up than me, so easly done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am very grateful for this thread! My hands are small and I have to have my hand all the way to the right, to the inside of the bike, to be able to use the clutch. Even then the engagement point is so far out that my hill starts and lower gear shifting are not smooth at all.

Not being mechanical, how can I get a replacement lever that will be the same color and length, but be closer to the hand grip at the furthest point, and work on the Scrambler Icon? If I can locate one my boyfriend can install it, I think he already said he can change the engagement point as well, but it feels like that's only part of the problem.

I do see some links to parts in this thread, are they everything I might need, and do they put the clutch lever closer?

Thank you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I do see some links to parts in this thread, are they everything I might need, and do they put the clutch lever closer?
Yes, you need to get adjustable clutch lever. It's very easy to install (1 bolt). You can adjust that lever to be closer to handlebar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, you need to get adjustable clutch lever. It's very easy to install (1 bolt). You can adjust that lever to be closer to handlebar.
Cool! Is there one that you recommend?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts