Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys installed new rear shocks? I bought a Mupo at a sweet deal but was hoping it’s length was adjustable but it doesn’t appear to be. Not sure if the length adjustment is a deal breaker or not. Clearance between swingarm and exhaust look pretty close to raise the bike much. Anyone know if the Ohlins length is adjustable? Can’t find actual pic online. Matris appears to be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
31641587-CAB8-4545-9B99-3645C1002759.jpeg
8964B5B0-CD0A-4C17-A691-4B2E7E1142EE.png
Here are a couple pics. Usually the length adjustment is next to red rebound knob. I have a message into the manufacturer to see if there is something I’m missing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The Ohlins shock for scramblers is not adjustable for height, other than by using the pre load.
The Scrambler shock is very short so there is little room available to get the ride height adjustment mechanism in.
A lot of companies advertise their generic shock as having a height adjustment option but by the time you drill down to the scrambler specific version they no longer offer it.
I´ve not heard of any shock for scramblers that has the option you are looking for but keep us informed if you buy one.
I think mike capon at M shock might build you one that is slightly longer if you ask, but it wont be adjustable.
Thats my two pennith, I´ll now wait to be shot down in flames!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the Matris is length adjustable. At least I thought I read it somewhere. Not sure if it’s really that important on a DS. Wouldn’t want it to affect handling in a bad way.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
It’s just nice to have, so you can set sag independent from ride height. If you want to experiment with geometry of the bike.

If I were shelling out for a shock, I would want adjustable ride height.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a copy from a email that I received from Mupo earlier.

The shock length is not adjustable. It is possible to swop the eye at top to give a different length but not a variable adjustment.

The shock was developed with Ducati Italy, Mupo and myself and due to the nature of the bike. It was felt the need for a variable end was unnecessary.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm waiting for the Nitron shock which, per my Suspension's shop discussions with Nitron USA, should be available soon.

My shop advised against the Ohlins, saying it was a waste of money and basically same as what's currently on the bike. I was surprised given I have Ohlins on my R9T and think they're great.

Anyways, waiting for the Nitron and trying to lose weight, I'm ~250lbs and am wayyyyyy too fat for the bike in stock OEM form.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I kinda heard the same thing about the Ohlins. Have heard great things about Mupo so decided to give it a shot. Hopefully I’ll get some ride time on it this weekend.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Anyways, waiting for the Nitron and trying to lose weight, I'm ~250lbs and am wayyyyyy too fat for the bike in stock OEM form.
If you think about loosing weight, give a keto diet a chance. I went from 220 to 180lbs in less than a year without any hassle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you think about loosing weight, give a keto diet a chance. I went from 220 to 180lbs in less than a year without any hassle.
Haha yeah that's basically what I'm doing after recommendations from multiple people, I guess it's pretty popular.

I've been doing ibanking for the last 2 years and working 80-100 hours a week and not exercising has made me balloon. I just quit and am already seeing a difference in my body, stoked!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts