Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I've been wishing I could upgrade is the size of my gas tank. I actually get decent gas mileage (46mpg or so, about average for most bikes I've had in the past), but I'd love to have more capacity. Does anyone know if other tanks will fit our bike, or if the aftermarket would ever come up with new designs (or if there's even be a MARKET for other tanks)? I think a Sport Classic-esque tank would be awesome, but honestly I'm just keen on getting something atop my bike with closer to 5gal availability.

Thoughts? Ideas? Or is this just a pipe dream? :D

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'm sure you could get the standard tank increased in size.

A friend of mine has a D16 Desmo. With the standard tank he was getting 60 miles to the tank when we did a tour of Scotland. By the time we did the same trip a year later he'd had the tank expanded, and you couldn't tell that it was 2" higher than the standard tank.

He now manages 100 miles a tank full :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been thinking about that too, expanding the tank to hold more gasoline. There have been so many other things showing up on the aftermarket, I just thought a carbon fiber tank that holds closer to 5gal without losing too much of the aesthetic would be pretty stinking awesome.

*hintNUDGEhint to you aftermarket vendors* :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been thinking about that too, expanding the tank to hold more gasoline. There have been so many other things showing up on the aftermarket, I just thought a carbon fiber tank that holds closer to 5gal without losing too much of the aesthetic would be pretty stinking awesome.

*hintNUDGEhint to you aftermarket vendors* :p
Or an aluminium one. But aftermarket tanks tend not to accept the neat, vented OEM filler caps. Sometimes requiring additional vent tubes and almost certainly not working with the main key.

·
Registered
96 Posts
One of the things I've been wishing I could upgrade is the size of my gas tank. I actually get decent gas mileage (46mpg or so, about average for most bikes I've had in the past), but I'd love to have more capacity. Does anyone know if other tanks will fit our bike, or if the aftermarket would ever come up with new designs (or if there's even be a MARKET for other tanks)? I think a Sport Classic-esque tank would be awesome, but honestly I'm just keen on getting something atop my bike with closer to 5gal availability.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a fabricator to do an insert of 20cm wider, keeping the same shape but FAT. 2 reasons hold more fuel and make the bike look bigger (now that those pissy 400s practically look the same) after 10 months and 25000klm I need a change

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have a scrambler, I'd love to put a sport tank on it - but I don't think it would fit - if you find out lmk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts