Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the buyers of the Scrambler are of the demographic Ducati were marketing it at...i.e young,hip and trendy.
I am guessing not!
Well I'm middle-aged,hip and trendy...:D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I was wondering if the buyers of the Scrambler are of the demographic Ducati were marketing it at...i.e young,hip and trendy.
I am guessing not!
Well I'm middle-aged,hip and trendy...:D
Going by what I've read on here I think the only 'hip' would be hip replacements.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am a 61 year old hipster. Not sure if advertising campaign is aimed at correct demographics or not. It shows young hipsters. I am just not sure if that is their target audience or guys that are my age who want to be hipsters. Me I like buying new bikes

·
Registered
1 Posts
41. picking it up this afternoon.

i remember when i bought my honda element about 10 years ago- that was marketed toward the same demographic and honda was shocked that their average buyer fell well north of that estimate.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I started the other thread on this a while back, and the results seem to show the average age is probably twice that of the market Ducati went after! I'm a happy 47 year old ;-)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I started the other thread on this a while back, and the results seem to show the average age is probably twice that of the market Ducati went after! I'm a happy 47 year old ;-)
I'm a bit more than that but only a hipster in my head :cool:, still fitter than all my kids :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
"I used to be 'with it', until they changed what 'it' was" --Abe Simpson
I'm 44…started riding a year ago on a 1971 Honda CB175 and this was the perfect bike to graduate to. I ride my husband's Triumph Bonneville 790cc and comparatively, I really like the scrambler's light weight and handling. The hipster marketing campaign is embarrassing, but whatever gets the kids riding is ok by me. I wish I'd started sooner.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Looks like the Scrambler appeals more to the wrinklies than the hipsters :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
"I used to be 'with it', until they changed what 'it' was" --Abe Simpson
I'm 44…started riding a year ago on a 1971 Honda CB175 and this was the perfect bike to graduate to. I ride my husband's Triumph Bonneville 790cc and comparatively, I really like the scrambler's light weight and handling. The hipster marketing campaign is embarrassing, but whatever gets the kids riding is ok by me. I wish I'd started sooner.
This was a Honda CD 175. My firs bike, young teens. If I remember right it held the record for the fastest, highest and furthest jump, ever. No street cred with Mam on the back though, well not for me anyway.
Honda CD 175.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts