Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the air filter!
What a giant pain in the ass!!!!!!!
It’s time consuming enough, now I need to deal with stripped out nuts.
This happened on both of my Desert Sleds.
The Desert Sled is an on/off road motorcycle. The air filter should be easier to change.
I’m sweating Bullets hoping that I don’t drop one of over twenty bolts on the floor never to be seen again
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

· Registered
31 Posts
Agreed, Getting to the air filter was a real pain and several of the nuts molded into the plastic stripped. Seems the thread locker they use is stronger than the nut in the plastic. Way too many screws to remove and the fit of the factory air filter in the box was very poor. Hopefully Ducati will address this in the future. I really enjoy the my 2016 Icon though. I have upgraded the suspension to full Ohlins front and back and got rid of the shite factory bash plate (one hit and it is toast). The image below has the factory bash plate. If you look close you can see the metal zip ties I had to put on it as the factory mounts busted on one hit on a dirt rut. I put a Touratech bash plate on it and works awesome. So far with several rock encounters and the plate worked awesome. Well worth the as the factory plate is a one hit wonder. The factory bash plate also does not protect the oil lines (found out the hard way as a branch wedged between the ground and an oil line and my ride for the day was over...)

Attachments

· Registered
100 Posts
Had a look yesterday is tight under there. One tip, get rid of that brick of a battery and swap it for those mighty mouse 240 cranking amp 1/3 the size and feather weight batteries. Piss off the usb under the seat (useless) and put a waterproof one on the bars. Getting closer to a proper ADV bit by bit (Desert Sled).

· Registered
2 Posts
Changing the air filter!
The Desert Sled is an on/off road motorcycle. The air filter should be easier to change.
I’m sweating Bullets hoping that I don’t drop one of over twenty bolts on the floor never to be seen again View attachment 46473 View attachment 46473
Changing the air filter!
I’m sweating Bullets hoping that I don’t drop one of over twenty bolts on the floor never to be seen again View attachment 46473 View attachment 46473
Just had the same issue, what did you do to fix?

· Registered
4 Posts
I find taking the front wheel off makes it easier. If it is any consolation, the desert X isn't much better - it is in the same place. I dropped heaps of the little buggers and just used some self tappers I had that were roughly the same size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts