Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a flat tire (rear) and drove it a few meters before realising that there was a leak. When i inflated the tire, there is air leaking from the wheel spokes. i am on a ride away from any town. have currently put in a tube inside the tire and inflated it back to 42psi & continuing my journey. How do i stop the air leak from the wheel spoke when i get back to town?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I had a flat tire (rear) and drove it a few meters before realising that there was a leak. When i inflated the tire, there is air leaking from the wheel spokes. i am on a ride away from any town. have currently put in a tube inside the tire and inflated it back to 42psi & continuing my journey. How do i stop the air leak from the wheel spoke when i get back to town?
What do you mean ?
The air leaks from any hole it can when you have a punture, including all the spokes. Air also escapes from the spoke holes as a tyre/tube is inflated untill all the space between the tyre and tube is gone.
If you still have air leaking from anywhere after fitting a new tube then I’m afraid you have puntured your new tube.
Did you remove the foreign body from the tyre 1st time round ?
You can convert wire spoked wheels to take tubless tyres by sealing the rims where the spokes go through, then if you have a punture air will only escape through the wound.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The wheels have tubes in them - that is what's leaking.... the tyres themselves are tubeless.. but spoked wheels on the Scrambler are not... the spokes are not sealed - so there is a tube fitted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts