Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Was hard to source (and still might be) but ordered!

doubt I dont have to remap it but we will see. Will keep you updated or ask back in a couple of weeks.

also if you’re planning on getting it and depending what bike you got (I have a DS). DS’s have to get an additional part that I think all the other scramblers already have and it’s basically a bracket off of the passenger foot pegs for a mounting point for this specific exhaust.

or was it for the termi type exhaust. Honestly don’t remember was just told that by akrapovic so I just bought it and stuck it in the garage until I need it. Will look it up if you’re interested.

· Registered
2 Posts
Was hard to source (and still might be) but ordered!

doubt I dont have to remap it but we will see. Will keep you updated or ask back in a couple of weeks.

also if you’re planning on getting it and depending what bike you got (I have a DS). DS’s have to get an additional part that I think all the other scramblers already have and it’s basically a bracket off of the passenger foot pegs for a mounting point for this specific exhaust.

or was it for the termi type exhaust. Honestly don’t remember was just told that by akrapovic so I just bought it and stuck it in the garage until I need it. Will look it up if you’re interested.
From where did you order yours? And around how much was it?

· Registered
28 Posts
From where did you order yours? And around how much was it?
I’ve only found them at 3 places; these 2 below and revzilla (but there gone from revzilla’s site)

I’ve order from both of these sites. First time for em-moto and they said it was in stock but it’s not. And the order would take 2-3 months so I cancelled. That eBay seller omnia is the same situation. Says it’s in stock but it’s not and a couple months wait.

sorta wishing I keep the first order and just waited and I might’ve gotten it by now.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ANyone seen any of these in the real world yet?? I have been told by a supplier in the UK they are expecting them in mid jan....very tempted to go for it but would love to see some real world pics

FYI £930 in the uk

· Registered
28 Posts
@tariqaz i see you just got the slip on, right? Just the stock map? How’s it run?

also I was told that we needed to get a bracket used from the termi exhaust to mount, is that true? Maybe true for me since I have a desert sled 🤷

and More pics please!😬🙏

· Registered
6 Posts
Link the site you were able to get it from too 😅
For sure!
I bought it from Alpha Technical:

Yeah I just purchased the slip on unit and according to Akrapovic site no engine remapping required for it.

I’ll share more images shortly!

· Registered
6 Posts
@tariqaz i see you just got the slip on, right? Just the stock map? How’s it run?

also I was told that we needed to get a bracket used from the termi exhaust to mount, is that true? Maybe true for me since I have a desert sled 🤷

and More pics please!😬🙏
The slip on came with bunch of accessories and instruction manual (sorry I don’t have pictures).
The workshop managed to fit it straight forward and no additional brackets required. But keep in mind that was for my Nightshift so better to consult Akrapovic or Alpha Techniq for the DesertSled.

· Registered
859 Posts
Congrats on the new exhausts guys!

Topic of ECU mapping has been covered 1000 times on the forum but it’s always worth clarifying.

There is no such thing as a “slip-on” for the Scrambler. Slip on means just the muffler changed, with the catalytic converter and headers staying the same.

The scrambler only has a 2 part exhaust. The Catalytic converter is built into the muffler section of the exhaust. By swapping to a new exhaust, you’ve removed the catalytic converter (de-cat) and significantly altered the exhaust flow of the bike.

I think it’s really misleading that Akra sell this as “does not require ECU map.” Because it’s basically a lie.

While the bike will possibly run ok without a map and plenty of people never bother, it won’t run optimally and on a lot of bikes (my own included) it will run like crap without a map. In most cases, you’re likely to actually lose power.

The main point I’d make though, is that dropping £1000 on a fancy Akra exhaust will make the bike sound fantastic and a lot lighter but without a matching tune, you’re missing 90% of the benefits.

Removing the cat allows the bike to breath WAY better when tuned correctly and not only will you see good power gains, the throttle response and smoothness of the engine is much improved.

Don’t skip the tune! Throw in a K&N air filter, and get your bike a custom tune on a dyno. You’ll really feel what that exhaust is doing for you and have a much better (and happier) bike!

· Registered
859 Posts
@Joooooooosh 100% agree. What aftermarket exhaust and to do have abs what are your thoughts on rexxer vs power commander?
I’ve got the older Akrapovic titanium exhaust + the Akrapovic titanium headers. Unbelievable how much lighter it is it is than stock.
But man is it loud without the baffles. Full titanium changes the quality of the sound and i'm not 100% if for the better.

Fuelling steup on the Scrambler is fairly basic, I doubt technically there is a huge difference between using a Rexxer unit (or having a tuner use theirs) to put a custom map on the ECU or using a power commander to sit between the ECU and the fuelling system.Since the bike is kinda old school, the ECU isn't going to have a ton of parameters that the power commander can't adjust, like higher performance bikes or cars.

That said, the best solution is always doing a proper custom tune of the ECU, where you have the ability to control as much as possible. PC's are an easy solution and easily removed but they are ultimately a workaround but arguments about this are endless.

Either solution is only as good as the person tuning it though. I no longer believe in "off the shelf" downloadable maps. They are usually better than nothing but finding a reputable, experienced tuner to tune it on a dyno, is the safest and best thing for the bike long term and you can have some say in the end results.

Cost is a factor though, when I had my first scrambler, a £250 Rexxer downloaded map done by my local Ducati dealer was the best I could manage and worked well.
Now I'm keeping the current Scrambler forever, I'm going to have a custom tune done but the cost is almost double that.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure if anyone is aware of this but i have done a fair bit of research in euro 5 bikes & any ecu changes - the options are quite limited.

Booster plug etc are simply not available for bikes after 2021 as they are likely to cause errors on the bike - the closed loop portion of a euro 5 ecu is also 'locked' so a rexxer etc cannot modify this part of the bike

I have a euro 5 scrambler and i am thinking about selling it - the limiting factor with the scrambler is the effectively integrated cat/end can - you cannot change the end can without a decat which is a fairly large change to the exhaust system and the standard map is therefore likely to be way off ideal and as josh says you will suffer power loss etc

I have come to the conclusion that if you dont mind losing a bit of power/torque then swapping the exhaust is probably unlikely to do any major damage to the bike but should be kept in mind - if i was doing lots of miles then i would be leaving it stock

Think my next bike with be a triumph 1200 which can swap the end cans without losing the cat - either a speed twin or scrambler 1200

· Registered
3 Posts
Nice to see the Akrapovic is out in the wild. Looks great!

I've just fitted up a Termignoni D204 'Sport Line' to my 2022 Desert Sled. This was purchased from motostorm.it with an UpMap key. Unfortunately; I've discovered that there isn't an UpMap mapping available for 2021-2022 Desert Sleds.

My local dealer won't update my bike with a map, as I didn't purchase the Termi from him . . .

My concern is that my bike will be running lean with the modified exhaust and no remap/fuel controller.

I'm considering a PC5 or PC6, but I am unsure of compatibility with the 2022 Scrambler.

Dynojet lists a kit to suit 2015-2021 model years as compatible.

Are there any owners out there with a MY2022 Scrambler that are successfully using a Dynojet power commander (either 5 or 6)?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts