Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Akrapovic exhaust with Cat on my Icon a month ago.
It runs good sounds great but I'm curious about a tune/remap.
I recently removed the baffles and there's more popping than usual.

Where can I find the tune kits?

·
Registered
292 Posts
There are several solutions out there.

I run a catless Akrapovic on my Icon. (Speaking of which, did you get the little round inline racing cat that they make?) On my bike, I got a Rexxer tune. I ordered the Rexxer Evo unit. They ship it to you, you use it to read your stock map and email that to Rexxer. Then they email you back a custom map for your mods. I am totally sold on the Rexxer tune. As far as I'm concerned, this is how the bike should have run from the factory. It makes more power, but more importantly the slightly lean condition is gone, there's not a ton of popping on throttle overrun any more, it runs a bit cooler, and is just generally better all around. When I was talking to David @ Rexxer USA about my tune, he did mention specifically that taking the baffles out of the Akrapovic exhaust will make a big difference in airflow, so you're probably running even more lean if you're still on the stock fueling. He said that he provides different maps for baffles in and baffles out for our exhaust specifically because the difference is that large.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Going through the same thing. Power commander and one other brand. Power commander I think is more universal. I am buying the power commander and having it Dynoed. You can tune it yourself, but you need a laptop. I also heard having it on a Dyno is the BEST way to get what your paying for. Not that bad $285. for Dyno. Average $$...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts