Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alarm fob.jpg

Hi,
There were no instructions with the alarm; I understand that button "A" is to arm and disarm. Can anyone tell me what are the functions of "B" & "C" please?

The alarm unit under the seat looks like it has been fitted into a rubber tray insert. The way they have done mine doesn't make any sense as its not sitting in the recess under the tray but to the side. Can anyone please post how their alarm is seated?

Many thanks, Duncan

·
Registered
240 Posts
gallowdu, How do you like this alarm in operation? Do you get false alarms? Is it a motion detector or perimeter alarm?

One of those buttons could be a panic button, to sound off or disable the ignition from a distance?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Might be fun to play with it and find out for yourself. Be sure you're indoors in a large parking garage before you try finding the alarm button. :D

Seriously though, I'll be real curious to see how this works for you. My dealer had one in stock but they'd never attached it, so nobody knew exactly how it worked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased mine as well from my dealer and it came with zero instructions. Luckily i saw the wire for the harness when i was installing a tail tidy and it really was a plug and play install. I googled around and cross referenced it with this PDF for a panigale alarm Ducati Panigale Alarm System 96676610B (click instructions) and it seems to work similarly since the remotes and unit looked the same: http://store.proitalia.com/media/downloads/instructions/96676610B-instructions.pdf. this video helped out quite a bit as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
I played around with mine and found that A button is Arm/Disarm. B button is panic. C button I am not too sure about, but noticed that when you press it, starts lights to flash and press again to stop them. Maybe that is the remote hazard flasher button???. Couldn't seem to find a way to adjust sensitivity or loudness of alarm, so not really sure if this is possible. For the others who were wondering how it was installed in the storage tray under seat, photo attached. It is basically a rubber insert that fits into tray and the alarm unit slips into the front of it. There is also an empty box fitting next to where unit sits, but there is nothing in it, so not sure what this is for other than to take away more space from the tray. Unfortunately, I had a Xena disc lock I carried in there, but now that will need to find another home since there is no more room.
20150817_175320.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just wish the unit I ordered along with heated grips and side bags would actually turn up.
I was given ETA of 12 August, which has been and gone, my dealer - who I have now contacted 3 times is not replying :(
Thanks for the heads up on install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gallowdu, How do you like this alarm in operation? Do you get false alarms? Is it a motion detector or perimeter alarm?

One of those buttons could be a panic button, to sound off or disable the ignition from a distance?
Hi, I haven't had any false alarms and I believe it is a motion detector - presumably detects tilt when bringing the bike upright off the stand. I will do a full test of the buttons and motion detection and re-post here. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I played around with mine and found that A button is Arm/Disarm. B button is panic. C button I am not too sure about, but noticed that when you press it, starts lights to flash and press again to stop them. Maybe that is the remote hazard flasher button???. Couldn't seem to find a way to adjust sensitivity or loudness of alarm, so not really sure if this is possible. For the others who were wondering how it was installed in the storage tray under seat, photo attached. It is basically a rubber insert that fits into tray and the alarm unit slips into the front of it. There is also an empty box fitting next to where unit sits, but there is nothing in it, so not sure what this is for other than to take away more space from the tray. Unfortunately, I had a Xena disc lock I carried in there, but now that will need to find another home since there is no more room. View attachment 2648
Yes, you would have thought the alarm unit fits horizontally into that recess, instead of vertically, blocking the entrance to the recess. That would free up more space for the toolkit. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the others who were wondering how it was installed in the storage tray under seat, photo attached. It is basically a rubber insert that fits into tray and the alarm unit slips into the front of it.
I'm having a bit of trouble locating where the other end of the cable plugs into. Were you able to access it without removing any parts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure which end you're referencing, but the one which plugs into alarm unit is pretty easy to access...just pull the whole rubber insert up and you can see where plug goes into unit. Since my dealer instaled the alarm, I don't really know where the other end of cable terminates, as I have not messed around with it since installed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, I was talking about the hard part. I finally had to remove the ECU to it buried in a bunch of other wires. The tricky part is that it had a black "dead end" weather protector and didn't look like an empty plug.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear...hope you got it all sorted out now. I believe it took the dealer about 1.5 hours to get mine installed. It was their 1st one and my service rep said it came with no instructions. Basically had to figure it out on the fly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is pretty easy... once you know how to do it. Those zany Italians that ship out stuff with no instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I have got the alarm to fit but cannot seem to find the cable to plug into it.
It is supposed to be under the ECU
do you have to remove the ECU to get to it
if you have to then does any one know how the ECU is removed ?
Thanks
Mel

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found the cable underneath the ECU. Pull on those rubber things on the 4 corners up to make the flange smaller & It lifts right up. Expect plenty of fiddling to get it off then it back on.

The cable had a black cap on the end of it, so don't look for an empty plug, just look for a cable that has a black rubber end on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts