Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering changing my mudguards to the alloy ones as fitted to the special. What do others think?
Before someone says why didn’t you buy a special in the first place, it’s because I don’t like the colour or flatter bars or spoked wheels, too much cleaning.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I ordered them with the bike and fitted them to mine myself.

Front is easy - rear a bit fiddly... but about 1 to 2 hours all in.... doing it a second time probably just 30 minutes...

IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did they charge for them? Also is that a sport seat? I got a special seat with mine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had about 15% off the list price - but there was a 25% off black Friday sale this weekend with Ducati Manchester and others... may be worth looking..

I think list was £380 - and paid about £320...

Yes - I bought the Sport Seat - prefered the look..

·
Registered
733 Posts
For me - yes.... but its a personal thing.. obviously it does nothing other than effect appearance... but I also did the same change on my 800 Icon...

I like the Aluminium and the black... sort of more retro... but that's me..

·
Registered
838 Posts
I loved the shape and look of the alu back fender on the 800 Scrambler as it made the bike look much more retro and also longer. On the 1100 the only thing that changes is the color and the material so personally I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has anyone fitted an extender to the front mudguard. The original is short and throws some muck up the oil cooler and front of the engine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
No

The brake pipes run at the back of the fender.. so securing an extender unless its custom built may not be easy.

I have not seen any custom ones available.

upload_2018-11-26_15-57-51.png

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just looked, see what you mean. I think if I can find one to fit I can refit the brake pipe to the outside with 2 “p” clips quite neatly.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I prefer the look of the classic over the clean and tidy shot off rear end. I thought I would attempt to do it to my 1100.
Bought a complete classic rear guard with subframe from a nice guy called Michael in the States. It arrived this morning and I bet you can guess, it doesn’t fit. Don’t laugh too much. Anyone with an icon want to make it into a classic let me know. :angry4:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts