Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...wasn't the right tone (too high pitched) so I did some research. The Fiamm 72112 was reviewed pretty highly and seemed to work well so I ordered it. The next day it came in the mail and I had to see how it sounded.

The original mounting point wasn't going to work, so after modifying a bracket to have a 90* bend and going back and forth with different setups I dropped a washer somewhere into the crevices of the engine and couldn't find it by light or magnetic probe.

So I took off the evap canister cover to track it down and in the process found a perfect mounting point: the lower screw bracket holds the horn bracket strong and at the right distance.

Screenshot_20190519-090249.jpg
Screenshot_20190519-090308.jpg

Reactions: Armo

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First ride, got outside the city for about an hour and a half, this horn is pretty loud and doesn't sound like an angry bee. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you have a couple of factors. The first is that the space for the horn isn't much bigger than the dinky stock horn itself. I've read about people pulling out their evap canisters and mounting their horns up in there. That's a little extreme for me, and the horn doesn't stick out far enough to be bothersome or out of place.

The second factor is how the power prongs on your new horn are oriented. The stock horn has them flush with the horn body which lends itself to how it's mounted. The Fiamm had them sticking up and away which was more conducive to mounting at a 90* angle.

The third is what type of hardware you have and are prepared to buy to fit the horn. I ended up using the bracket that came with the horn - it was a perfect size. I could see a better one being slightly longer or shorter in your case. So I'd be prepared to head to the hardware store in search of a U-bolt bracket and some 8-10mm nut and bolt combos in the event you want to mount yours a little differently.

Reactions: Deano968

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell me more. I have a new horn ready to fit that looks about the same size as yours.
Which horn do you have, or do you have a picture?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks like a straight swap. The dimensions of the Soundbomb look about the same as the Fiamm I got too. Do you want a walkthrough?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That looks like a straight swap. The dimensions of the Soundbomb look about the same as the Fiamm I got too. Do you want a walkthrough?
Nah! I can figure it out. Just handy to know a few pointers upfront. It's not something I use that often but when I have it's been pitiful with the standard mouse squeak horn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put the full Denali Sound Bomb on all of my bikes. The full version is bigger but MUCH louder. Both are an improvement over stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts