Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 6’1” so not that tall. And I’ve taken the icon for a ride but felt I was too close to the handle bars. Would the cafe bars and seat give me more room?

I found I was sitting up on the hump when I rode the icon

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I’m 6’1” so not that tall. And I’ve taken the icon for a ride but felt I was too close to the handle bars. Would the cafe bars and seat give me more room?

Try the FT Full Throttle (Flat Track). It uses Fat Bars and are much lower, that might bring you forward. Consider changing to a Desert Sled seat as it doesn’t have the raised under section on the seat pan like the Icon has. This gives more room for seat foam and no hump.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I’m also 6’ 1” and I agree the icon bars make the bike uncomfortable. Sits me way too upright.

The Full Throttle bars are a big improvement but I’d actually recommend any other 3rd party bars that are as low or lower than the FT ones but crucially, a little narrower.

The FT ones are ridiculously wide and I’ve enjoyed my current scrambler much more, with narrower ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im cheap - so would probably so with aftermarket drag bars and cut to suit.

I like the look and function of the CR seat and hump - im wondering if the CR seating position is further back for the rider or if the further reach is created just with the dropped bars?

·
Registered
733 Posts
There is more usable seat on the CR one. As it’s flatter you can slide back and forth.

I’ve only sat on it static, not ridden. So not sure if you just send you sliding to the front.

I want the new full throttle seat. Same as the CR but it’s alcantara/suede rather than leather. So nice and grippy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm only 5'10" but I experience the same thing. Bars are rotated forward, and I sat on the hump to alleviate grundle pressure. Both helped. As did buying a Sargent seat which has the butt scoop farther back. But it could be an inch or two farther back to be most comfortable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We all have that issue, it’s a terrible stock saddle. I’m six foot and the bike fits me fine. I like the icon bars and sitting upright but I swapped out the seat for more of a bench seat so I could move around a lot more. Way more comfortable now. The new seat also sits about an inch higher so my legs have a little more room as well.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The opposite for me at 5'4".
Love my FTP but have only just got things right. Icon bars with risers.
PS don't want to sell my original bits.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I am the same height and I think it is really comfortable position. Does not hurt your neck. Have not had a super long ride yet, about 35 miles. Just got it and chilly here in Pa. They do make clip on bars for the C.R. that you can rotate. 10*'s anyway. Duca-something, on internet. Thinking about it down the road. Up and back 10*, just alittle and it might give it a cool look too ??. You could put them further up and down 10*'s if you think you are to close...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts