Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my DS Fasthouse at the end of September and I have an ever growing “upgrades” list for it, but because of some very expensive home projects we are in the middle of, I figured I would try out some low cost knockoffs from Amazon to see how they work out, as well as a DIY rear fender mud guard “extension” I made out of a nursery plant pot.

The windscreen was $28, and as far as I can tell the ONLY difference between the dart fly screen is that the mounting bracket hole where the turn signal wires slip through wasn’t big enough so I had to drill it out. Wasn’t a big deal though, the metal was soft.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z1PLQ5...abc_ARDTK9MWFRGPD7Y6WG9D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The hand guards are JFG racing universal handguards from Amazon, also only $28.

JFG-RACING Black Handguards Hand Guards - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073LZ4L4...abc_5VD4QE4BJT55S9TJ61J2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I was a little worried about fitment, but figured why not? My wife got a TW200 that needs handguards as well so I figured they should at least fit one of the two bikes! Turns out they clear the stock levers on the scrambler, and I didn’t need to take a razor blade to the throttle grip which I was happy about. Haven’t had a chance to ‘crash test’ them yet, but I can lift up the front end from them and I was cranking on them and nothing broke so I have high hopes.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Lastly I saw someone on this forum make a rear fender mud guard out of a 5 gallon bucket, and I have a bunch of large nursery pots in my garage that I never want to throw away, so I made a template with cardboard and cut the shape out with a razor blade, and put a spacer between the license plate tail to hold it up against the rear fender. I think it will do a much better job of keeping water and mud off my back!

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Can you make me one of those mud guards? 😀 how did you attach it?
How are those luggage racks working out?
I honestly couldn’t believe how simple it was to cut out the shape with a razor blade - it went through the nursery pot like butter. You can see the general shape I cut out of the picture with the nursery pot held up, and then I notched out a square hole where the stock fender has a mounting point - I unbolted that and slipped this in there to be held in place by that hole. I didn’t like how much wiggle/play it had though, so I drilled a hole and put an actual bolt to hold it in place.

Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Automotive tire Light Product Vehicle Motor vehicle

as for the side racks, they do fine as side bag supports, and offer a lot more clip points for the stretchy net I use to hold my workbag down on my seat, but the plan is to mount top loading Pelican Vault boxes to them so I can have hard cases that are weather proof. I originally got these off Amazon as a temporary solution until the Sw-motech sys bag setups were back in stock but I actually like them so I don’t plan on swapping them out any longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice, really glad those hand guards worked out. All the BarkBusters are out of stock in the states for this bike. I have some coming from Italy but still about 3 weeks out. I saw those exact ones on Amazon and almost pulled the trigger figuring I could make any modifications necessary to make them fit. Let us know how they hold up, might grab me some if my BarkBusters never show up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, really glad those hand guards worked out. All the BarkBusters are out of stock in the states for this bike….
I was ready to spend so much money when I first picked up my Fasthouse but with supply being out of stock on so many name brand parts it got me to look into what else was available, and now I’m being cheap.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the handguards, I didn’t even have to move any of the controls around on the bars to make them fit

Took it to work the other day with 38*F temps and lots of water puddles on the ground and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! My fingers weren’t frozen when I got there, and the mudguard extension kept my back and work bag totally dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts