Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

In full disclosure, I bought these Denali mini LED pod signals for my CB project, however, I really wanted to get rid of those floppy OEM signals on the Scrambler and these LEDs are very high quality. I knew it would be a real project and the last thing I wanted to do was take the back end of the Scrambler apart for the 5th time (LOL) but, it seems we have nothing but time on our hands these days!

First I spent a few hours soldering the Ducati harness adapters to the LED pod wiring, and ensured everything was sealed up with silicone and shrink tubed. For installation I started with the back which went fast, and then also painted that unsightly exhaust bracket why I had it off the bike. I had to repurpose some plastic grommets from another signal set, but they sat in the stock locations perfectly. The fronts were a little more involved having to get under the tank, but it went faster than the back and these new units attached perfectly to the stock location with no modifications needed.

Very happy with these and they are very bright!
ScramLED.jpeg

ScramLED1.jpeg

ScramLED2.jpeg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hey guys,

In full disclosure, I bought these Denali mini LED pod signals for my CB project, however, I really wanted to get rid of those floppy OEM signals on the Scrambler and these LEDs are very high quality. I knew it would be a real project and the last thing I wanted to do was take the back end of the Scrambler apart for the 5th time (LOL) but, it seems we have nothing but time on our hands these days!

First I spent a few hours soldering the Ducati harness adapters to the LED pod wiring, and ensured everything was sealed up with silicone and shrink tubed. For installation I started with the back which went fast, and then also painted that unsightly exhaust bracket why I had it off the bike. I had to repurpose some plastic grommets from another signal set, but they sat in the stock locations perfectly. The fronts were a little more involved having to get under the tank, but it went faster than the back and these new units attached perfectly to the stock location with no modifications needed.

Very happy with these and they are very bright!
View attachment 44775

View attachment 44776

View attachment 44777
Looking very clean. (y)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Skippy - very happy with the results. Also glad I saved these LED pods for the Ducati; they fit the flow of this bike more so than the CB. I ended up putting Rizoma LEDs on the CB, which are also very high quality and more complimentary to its old school styling.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Thanks Skippy - very happy with the results. Also glad I saved these LED pods for the Ducati; they fit the flow of this bike more so than the CB. I ended up putting Rizoma LEDs on the CB, which are also very high quality and more complimentary to its old school styling.
Yes I think they suit the Scrambler perfectly. I wouldn't mind a picture of how the Honda is looking now;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve got the little Scrambler LED’s on mine
View attachment 44798
Gasman, I think those look great! I was actually planning on going with those myself (I prefer OEM, when possible), but since I had the Denalis on hand already, I figured I'd put them to use.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I think they suit the Scrambler perfectly. I wouldn't mind a picture of how the Honda is looking now;)
Ha! Ask and you shall receive...

So far, Rizoma LEDs front and rear, LED headlight, (yellow tinted) powdercoated front and rear fender, blacked out tail light housing, K&H seat ($$ from Japan), Moriwaki frame sliders, Biltwell tracker bars, Yoshimura pipe, Dart flyscreen, Joker Machine bar end mirrors, retro badging, and new Pirelli Angel GT tires (upped the rear tire by one size):

CB.Pose.jpeg

CB.Pose1.jpeg

CB1.jpeg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ha! Ask and you shall receive...

So far, Rizoma LEDs front and rear, LED headlight, (yellow tinted) powdercoated front and rear fender, blacked out tail light housing, K&H seat ($$ from Japan), Moriwaki frame sliders, Biltwell tracker bars, Yoshimura pipe, Dart flyscreen, Joker Machine bar end mirrors, retro badging, and new Pirelli Angel GT tires (upped the rear tire by one size):

View attachment 44800

View attachment 44801

View attachment 44802
The bike is looking really nice, the blacked out parts are working really well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bike is looking really nice, the blacked out parts are working really well.
Thanks Skippy - I did the full cafe route with my Thruxton, low clubman bars, fender eliminator, airbox removal, etc and while I loved the look, I decided with the CB to keep its comfort for weekend trips while also accentuating the 70's styling cues that Honda had already incorporated. That's why ultimately I opted not to ditch the rear fender and stock tail light section and instead blacked them out which IMHO, makes them flow better with the bikes design. Plus, I;m not a fan of chrome. 😁

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My neighbour just bought a CB1000R. I’ve got this photo cos’ he sent it to me. View attachment 44807
Wow, that looks great! Absolutely love the livery, it's got a retro/heritage vibe to it. You guys get some great bikes across the pond! The CB1000 in the US is a nice bike but a little on the transformers side of the styling spectrum. It's not without potential though; they sound great with the right exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts