Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Interesting to see the bike with the body work stripped off.

·
Registered
541 Posts
traction control uses phonic wheels as ABS to coount wheel speed, compairing front and rear speed, a system can understando spinning or wheeling, and cut ignition.... but to do this a propor control unit is needed, is not the ABS ones, but another unit

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Like Hedonism said it's done through a control ecu (electronic control unit), or like I said 'if programed' using information gathered from the abs sensors.
On multi drive wheels ie. cars etc. the ABS unit can be used 'if programed' to apply the brake on the spinning wheel which directs drive to a wheel with more traction.
This of course dosn't apply to a single wheel drive ie. bike, but the principle is kinda the same using the ignition cutting drive to the spinning wheel allowing it a chance to regain traction. Some manufactures could apply the brake to an out of control wheel using the abs module you see under the seat of the Scrambler.
I could go on all day but I would need to use great big words and some of them I can't pronounce proper and certainly can't spell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts