Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Had the stock ones replaced by a set of those the other day as well. Done by the distributor. Did any of you get instructions for the initial setup regarding riders weight and drive style?

Hedonism and / or Elvisto: Can you maybe provide some detailed pictures of the parts in each leg? I send the fork legs in to the distri to get them done. They did but I am in doubt that they actually send back all parts of the stock cartridges, at least one of the large aluminum end caps is missing and I need some proof what actually should have been in the package... :BangHead:

Would be of great help....!

·
Registered
541 Posts
one inner cap will be "recycled", also in my "box" Andreani give me back one piece less see picture

as you can see it missing almost the hal of the inner parts, this is ok, consider that my cartridge has been installed at Andreani workshop, since they used my bike to build the cartridge

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Hedonism, I am still wondering how an "outside" part of that size could be used internally, especially since they bring their own adjustment end caps... Anyway, maybe Elvisto-Mech can lighten us up here soon... :)

You seem to know Andreani quite well, can you maybe get some detailed instructions on what adjustment to what side (compress and rebound) does what in regards of weight and or driving style (sporty or travel). I. e. how many turns in or out on C and R and how many grooves on the spring preload will make the bike more comfy or sporty...

Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
compression and rebound should have 8 turns and I received the bike with 4 turns each, but this is just standard.

it is almost impossibile to have a standard set up, this will range a lto according to road condition, tyres, temperature and the use you intend to do with the bike.

I'm now on 1 turn softer preload, 5 turns on compression (to avoid "end") and 3 turns on rebound to have extension soon

I did not adjusted the sag

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had mine mounted yesterday. I realy couldn't say if their adjustment is fitted or not, but today I went for a 200km ride in several conditions and I noticed a real difference. No more shocks in the handlebar when riding on bumps which made throttle handling difficult. much better behavior on brakes and in turns. I love them ! With the rear Ohlins it will probably be perfect.
2015-06-05 18.35.16.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started the job yesterday, It's now turned into a winter project job :(

Left leg has a retaining grub screw holding the slider to the bottom casting, they peen it over to stop it coming out, well it wouldn't , even after warming it up it wouldn't budge, :rolleyes: so I need to drill it out :eek:

Sorry I can't give you an update, I reassembled and went a ride out, :) to calm down :)

I also had a problem with 3 of the screws holding the front mudguard on :( I ended up re tapping them out, That bloody red loctite is a pest to say the least, :mad:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Not so good, imagine doing it for someone else maybe as a favour and then this happens. Especially as what happens to me, they always tell how easy things are after reading stuff on the internet.
It won't be long and we will be forecast at least a week of rain, hit it then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
compression and rebound should have 8 turns and I received the bike with 4 turns each, but this is just standard.

it is almost impossibile to have a standard set up, this will range a lto according to road condition, tyres, temperature and the use you intend to do with the bike.

I'm now on 1 turn softer preload, 5 turns on compression (to avoid "end") and 3 turns on rebound to have extension soon

I did not adjusted the sag
Interesting - I only have 3-3/4 (3.75) full turns on either side, R/C. Piero, Elvisto, can you confirm there should be 8 full turns like on Hedonisms preproduction cartridges?

Francesco, do you start from the farthest position clockwise (valves fully closed I assume) and then go counterclockwise?

My dealer suggested to start with 2 turns each side and 2 visible grooves on preload. Does that sound familiar?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll have look, but next week I'll be far away. One week without a ride, hard time :clock:
I was happy to give 200€ to my dealer and let them do the job. Their guy worked at Ducati several years and already installed Andreani kits.
They billed 3.5 hours and I believe they spent that time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I started the job yesterday, It's now turned into a winter project job :(

Left leg has a retaining grub screw holding the slider to the bottom casting, they peen it over to stop it coming out, well it wouldn't , even after warming it up it wouldn't budge, :rolleyes: so I need to drill it out :eek:

Sorry I can't give you an update, I reassembled and went a ride out, :) to calm down :)

I also had a problem with 3 of the screws holding the front mudguard on :( I ended up re tapping them out, That bloody red loctite is a pest to say the least, :mad:
Too sad, you really miss an immediate improvement to your ride in regards of comfort and control, especially on the high speed/frequency bumps and cracks... Even on the freaking cobblestone around my hometown that seriously almost kicked me out of the seat when I hit it first time... Think it over, wait for a rainy day and go for it, it is well worth it...

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quite right Hui, I went for the most difficult side first, left side, thats the rebound side, I drained the oil and it was a little dirty, So when I refilled it, rather than use my new Ohlins oil, I had some 15 weight BMW oil and used that, Would you believe it :confused: the forks performed a lot better on the bumps, so perhaps it's the rebound side that doesn't perform as it should, :rolleyes:
Argh well, I'll get it done when I'm back in the mood :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quite right Hui, I went for the most difficult side first, left side, thats the rebound side, I drained the oil and it was a little dirty, So when I refilled it, rather than use my new Ohlins oil, I had some 15 weight BMW oil and used that, Would you believe it :confused: the forks performed a lot better on the bumps, so perhaps it's the rebound side that doesn't perform as it should, :rolleyes:
Argh well, I'll get it done when I'm back in the mood :D
Have you been in the mood yet?
Hoping to see a "how to" thread on the fitting on these before I decide on them or the Maxton alternative.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes , All fitted , done and dusted, :) very pleased with the result,

Sorry I didn't / haven't done a how to guide, but I did make a tool to remove the tube from the bottom casting , you are welcome to use it should you go down the Andreani route,

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes , All fitted , done and dusted, :) very pleased with the result,

Sorry I didn't / haven't done a how to guide, but I did make a tool to remove the tube from the bottom casting , you are welcome to use it should you go down the Andreani route,
Thanks.
Do they come with installation instructions?

·
Registered
733 Posts
They do - but not good ones - you can download them from the web site.

FTR will Supply and Install or just Install if you bought them else where

The price is good for either - cheapest is to buy from Italy and have them install the kit - but that way they do not take responsibility for the items and charge you if you need different springs for your weight - if they supply and fit they take full responsibility - the difference was less than £100 - and I just thought it better for them to supply and fit the kit.

I sent my forks to them on a Monday, had them back on the Thursday.

They do ride in ride out appointments too if your near enough (Essex way)

I have since spoken with them on advise on fine tuning the ride - great support from James.

Can highly recommend them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts