Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question as to how much did you pay for the annual/7500 service? Just got back from a ride where I popped into a Ducati dealership in Cardiff and was quoted about £600 (don't know if that is with or without VAT or extras) for this. Does this seem on the high side?

So a couple of question does anyone know of anyone that does this type of service cheaper? Also I've seen a company called Moto R near Ruthin that does servicing work - has anyone used them? According to their website they open on Sundays so I might have a run up there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That sounds about right. Im on the east coast USA, and the 7,500 mile service costs $750 USD. The dealer is cool enough in allowing me doing my own oil changes (without voiding warranty and clear my service light as long as I buy the stuff from them). This way I'll have them do the valve check and other services. That alone should save you a few hundred in labor cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a quick question as to how much did you pay for the annual/7500 service? Just got back from a ride where I popped into a Ducati dealership in Cardiff and was quoted about £600 (don't know if that is with or without VAT or extras) for this. Does this seem on the high side?

So a couple of question does anyone know of anyone that does this type of service cheaper? Also I've seen a company called Moto R near Ruthin that does servicing work - has anyone used them? According to their website they open on Sundays so I might have a run up there.

Thanks.
I always use Rich at Moto R he's the best around and not expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
yep not cheap in Aus either.$950 aud .Funny part was tho valves were fine at 24000km .Very hard to get to rear valves apparently.Shits me off as love the bike but do a few ks and maintenance killin me )-;

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid under £300 in Coventry! Found them to be brilliant.

Was that for the 7500 service?

I'm on 6000mls and the bike is booked in for 31st Oct so It will be on or over the 7500mls, I am looking around for cheaper at the mo as £600 seems a tad high, but will have to pay it if it comes to it only because of warranty which is due to end July 2018.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yup. Did it at 7200 as was off to France for a few days and knew I would go over.

I'm on 6000mls and the bike is booked in for 31st Oct so It will be on or over the 7500mls, I am looking around for cheaper at the mo as £600 seems a tad high, but will have to pay it if it comes to it only because of warranty which is due to end July 2018.

·
Registered
40 Posts
John is the best contact- he's ace. I'm. It sure re time as I dropped it off and picked up a few days later as that suited me. I'm sure it's something like 4 hours labour....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow. I'll be travelling from Mid Wales. So want to make sure I can drop it off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon, or even stay overnight and pick up next day if I have to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow. I'll be travelling from Mid Wales. So want to make sure I can drop it off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon, or even stay overnight and pick up next day if I have to.

Thanks.
And I thought travelling from Birmingham was worth it!

·
Registered
342 Posts

Officially the 7500 mile service is a desmo valve gear service. This should be done with the engine stone cold so an overnight drop off, and a lot of hours as the rear head is difficult to get at.
However some dealers seem to think 7500 miles is too early for desmo service so just do an oil change, clean, and visual checkover, i.e. an "annual service".
Hence the huge discrepancy in price people get charged.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Yep, for the 7500 km service.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have contacted a few Ducati Independent/Dealerships and have had one reply so far, It was from Woods Motorcycles of Abergele in Conwy Wales. They quoted £250 plus vat for the labour and then £50 plus vat for parts, and will take about 4 - 5 hours. Looking good so far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have contacted a few Ducati Independent/Dealerships and have had one reply so far, It was from Woods Motorcycles of Abergele in Conwy Wales. They quoted £250 plus vat for the labour and then £50 plus vat for parts, and will take about 4 - 5 hours. Looking good so far.
Did you speak to moto R

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Moto-r Summer Shut Down. Thursday 10th August to Tuesday 29th August 2017. There will be some office availability and the answer machine to take your message. (Facebook message)

I was going to have a ride up this weekend to have a chat and get a price but it looks like I'll have to wait till next month.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did my 600mile first service where the whole entire bike was looked through from front to back + oil change for $330 included oil change obv - plan on just doing that every spring. Assuming i'll trade it in by the time i get to 7500? who knows

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll have the 7500 and the 15000 service done by a dealer/independent, then after that I'll either trade it in or start looking at doing the servicing myself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts