Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question as to how much did you pay for the annual/7500 service? Just got back from a ride where I popped into a Ducati dealership in Cardiff and was quoted about £600 (don't know if that is with or without VAT or extras) for this. Does this seem on the high side?

So a couple of question does anyone know of anyone that does this type of service cheaper? Also I've seen a company called Moto R near Ruthin that does servicing work - has anyone used them? According to their website they open on Sundays so I might have a run up there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I enquired about this when I bought my bike as I do a lot of miles and knew this would be hitting me in the first 12 months of ownership, and for the following 2 years while its under warranty, before I go looking for cheaper places.

If memory serves I'm expecting it to be in the region of £400, at least I hope so as its booked for this service in 3 weeks.

I'll be able to report back then what it actually cost me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm going to get the 7500 and the 15000 services done at the dealership then after that I'll start doing the small services myself due to the warranty having run out, but every major one I may let let the Dealership do it. So that should be every two years then.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just a quick question as to how much did you pay for the annual/7500 service? Just got back from a ride where I popped into a Ducati dealership in Cardiff and was quoted about £600 (don't know if that is with or without VAT or extras) for this. Does this seem on the high side?

So a couple of question does anyone know of anyone that does this type of service cheaper? Also I've seen a company called Moto R near Ruthin that does servicing work - has anyone used them? According to their website they open on Sundays so I might have a run up there.

Thanks.
Hiya, mine didn't cost anywhere near that, I'll check the cost but sure it was under £300. As far as I've heard, Moto R have a good reputation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiya, mine didn't cost anywhere near that, I'll check the cost but sure it was under £300. As far as I've heard, Moto R have a good reputation.

I know there's a difference in price if its annual (under 7500 miles) as they dont check the valves. If it's over 7500 then they will check. Was yours over 7500 miles, and if so who did you have it done with please.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I know there's a difference in price if its annual (under 7500 miles) as they dont check the valves. If it's over 7500 then they will check. Was yours over 7500 miles, and if so who did you have it done with please.

Thanks.
My mileage was 7794 and I don't think the valves are an automatic inclusion with that service - the extra cost is if they need adjusting I believe. This may be at my next service. It cost me under £300 (about £275 I think) and was with Ducati Stoke. Have you enquired at Woods Abergele?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply I might give Ducati Stoke a bell. I've emailed some companies but not many have got back to me, Woods said it was £360. I don't mind travelling distance as Its nice just being out on the bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were Ducati Stoke alright with the service, communication etc, also was it a same day service.

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
20170826_173401.jpg
Well here you are, a not so definitive answer.

My service just cost me 500 quid. It all depends on how many of the valves need adjusting as to how much it costs. They change all the half rings first as that sometimes brings the valve clearances back into tolerance, but if it doesn't then they need to start with the shims. As a guide all my closing valves and 2 opening valves needed adjustment.
20170826_173401.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brill, thanks for that, that's not far of what I was quoted then. I have emailed the dealer in Cardiff and they have said that all parts are included, so I'm hoping that includes the half rings and shims. I might just confirm that with them.

How was the service in general, as in communication/staff etc and did you drop the bike off the bike night before or on the day.

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The service was fabulous and all the lads I delt with were proper sound. It helped that I was picking the bike up 45 mins before closing on a Saturday afternoon so the shop was dead and they had plenty of time to talk to me.

Time wise It could feasibly be done in a day if there were no complications, but I'd booked a loan bike which cost me 16 quid for the insurance for the 2 days I had it, and dropped the bike off 10am Fri morning and got a txt to say it was ready at mid day ish on the Saturday. As you can see from the last picture attached the standard service time was 3 plus hours but I had an additional 2.5 hours of adjustment time because of whats involved with adjusting the valve clearances.

If you need it doing within a day, I'd be very clear with them up front when you book it in and double check a few days before that it's all ok for a 1 day turn around.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that. I've got it booked in at the Cardiff branch and might just leave it with them as the price you paid isn't far off what I've been quoted. I've contacted a few other dealers/Independent Ducati shops and am waiting for replies. But will probably drop the bike of to them on a Monday morning and pick it up on a Wednesday and use a loan bike. Once the bike runs out of warranty I might start at looking at doing as much of the servicing myself, and just take it every now and then for the valves to be checked. The only prob is the bloody service indicator but will worry about that when the time comes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The service was fabulous and all the lads I delt with were proper sound. It helped that I was picking the bike up 45 mins before closing on a Saturday afternoon so the shop was dead and they had plenty of time to talk to me.

Time wise It could feasibly be done in a day if there were no complications, but I'd booked a loan bike which cost me 16 quid for the insurance for the 2 days I had it, and dropped the bike off 10am Fri morning and got a txt to say it was ready at mid day ish on the Saturday. As you can see from the last picture attached the standard service time was 3 plus hours but I had an additional 2.5 hours of adjustment time because of whats involved with adjusting the valve clearances.

If you need it doing within a day, I'd be very clear with them up front when you book it in and double check a few days before that it's all ok for a 1 day turn around.

Was that the Manchester Or Stoke branch?

I've had a email back of DMC Stoke who included a break down of what was involved with the service, said it would take just a little over three hours and have a waiting room with WiFi, and a butty bar around the corner. So I've cancelled the service with the Cardiff dealer and will book it in this week with DMC Stoke.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts