Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Scrambleristas:
Long-time rider here, from Northern Arizona. Have owned and ridden quite a few different bikes over the years, both dirt and street. First saw the Scrambler at a motorcycle show in 2014, and have admired and kept it on my radar ever since.
Fast forward to the present... Wasn’t really looking for another bike, but couldn’t turn down a steep discount on a leftover Icon, model year 2020 in ‘62 Yellow.
Looking forward to learning about the bike, exchanging info on mods, maintenance, etc.
Rubber side down!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on the bike!
I also bought a new discounted yellow 2019...
Invested my savings on the required mods!
Great bike !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Greetings, Scrambleristas:
Long-time rider here, from Northern Arizona. Have owned and ridden quite a few different bikes over the years, both dirt and street. First saw the Scrambler at a motorcycle show in 2014, and have admired and kept it on my radar ever since.
Fast forward to the present... Wasn’t really looking for another bike, but couldn’t turn down a steep discount on a leftover Icon, model year 2020 in ‘62 Yellow.
Looking forward to learning about the bike, exchanging info on mods, maintenance, etc.
Rubber side down!
WELCOME AND ENJOY THE RIDE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the bike!
Great bike !
Nice - and congrats on yours!
Finding a leftover is definitely a good way to go, especially if the model and color and specs were what you were after anyway. Or at least close. For me, I liked the classic yellow and the basic 800 Icon anyway...
So for me it was a no-brainer. (As in, once I got my brain out of the way, it was easy to justify another bike in the garage!)

2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
63 Posts
Congrats on the bike!
Great bike !
Hey,,,,,we've talked before,,,,,I recently bought a 2016 Duc scrambler icon; i am aware of all the improvements Ducati made on your 2019 model and the 2020 model vs. my 2016 model; yes, you have among more, supposedly improved suspension plus a newly designed accelerator that isn't so 'jumpy' as mine, gear indicator on the dial, self cancelling turn indicators, possibly a more comfortable stock seat????,,,,,all good,,,,,,so I trashed my stock seat for the British Customs Corsa Moto diamond stitch seat from; britishcustoms.com Bike is at my dealer in storage,,,,,,,,winter in Chicago and all,,,,,,,test rode my Duc 1 mile, seemed like a good, smooth ride w a light front end, which i'm used to; of 35+ bikes purchased, I tend to like street scramblers,,,,,,,my most famous bike perhaps was my '67 Norton Scrambler P-11 750 cc w dual up swept stock pipes,, one of only 2,500 ever made in England,,,,,,my '66 BSA Hornet 650 cc Scrambler w street kit was a fast bike as well. BTW, I read feedback from SOME owners on this forum that they prefer the old style, less civilized accelerator on my bike than on the improved 2019 and newer throttles,,,,,,,any feedback on anything Ducati is welcome,,,,,,My pics are attached,,,,,,,,,,

FROM CHICAGO
W SNOW

Attachments

63 Posts
TO ALL SCRAMBLER ICON OWNERS:

BTW, using a proper wrench, I adjusted my stock rear shock absorber, turning /clicking it clockwise to the 2nd LEAST pre-load tension position, cause i'm a street rider wanting the least bumpy, most comfortable street ride experience,,,,,haven't test rode bike yet after I did adjustment as described here cause it's in winter storage,,,,,,,if riding over rough RR tracks, I stand on my pegs,,,,try to avoid ruts, uneven cracked pavement, ect., but if I can't, I slow dn and usually stand up a bit on my pegs,,,,,,,much easier on my lower back,,,,,,,,doesn't everyone do this,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey,,,,,we've talked before,,,,,I recently bought a 2016 Duc scrambler icon; i am aware of all the improvements Ducati made on your 2019 model and the 2020 model vs. my 2016 model; yes, you have among more, supposedly improved suspension plus a newly designed accelerator that isn't so 'jumpy' as mine, gear indicator on the dial, self cancelling turn indicators, possibly a more comfortable stock seat????,,,,,all good,,,,,,so I trashed my stock seat for the British Customs Corsa Moto diamond stitch seat from; britishcustoms.com Bike is at my dealer in storage,,,,,,,,winter in Chicago and all,,,,,,,test rode my Duc 1 mile, seemed like a good, smooth ride w a light front end, which i'm used to; of 35+ bikes purchased, I tend to like street scramblers,,,,,,,my most famous bike perhaps was my '67 Norton Scrambler P-11 750 cc w dual up swept stock pipes,, one of only 2,500 ever made in England,,,,,,my '66 BSA Hornet 650 cc Scrambler w street kit was a fast bike as well. BTW, I read feedback from SOME owners on this forum that they prefer the old style, less civilized accelerator on my bike than on the improved 2019 and newer throttles,,,,,,,any feedback on anything Ducati is welcome,,,,,,My pics are attached,,,,,,,,,,

FROM CHICAGO
W SNOW

Hi!
I am not sure about the throttle difference between a 2016 and 2019. All I knew is I truly had to change it to the G2 tamer. I rode the bike stock for a few weeks and experienced the low speed jerkiness, and my Ducati dealer told me about the G2.
Simple install. Once on, it was like having a different bike, I love it. Very nice response. It does not stop the performance of the bike, it just lets you control it better with your wrist!

63 Posts
Hi!
I am not sure about the throttle difference between a 2016 and 2019. All I knew is I truly had to change it to the G2 tamer. I rode the bike stock for a few weeks and experienced the low speed jerkiness, and my Ducati dealer told me about the G2.
Simple install. Once on, it was like having a different bike, I love it. Very nice response. It does not stop the performance of the bike, it just lets you control it better with your wrist!
That's good to know about the G2 tamer option,,,,,,,,,on the subject of wearing 'body armor' when street riding, I have been using typical M/C jackets w CE shoulder & elbow protector inserts for years, along w 'JOE ROCKET' M/C pants w foam hip protector inserts and CE knee protectors,,,,,,,,that said, I'm now exploring the net for additional protective stuff like armored vests, armored long sleeve shirt tops like the 'Troy lee 7855' long sleeve armored shirt which is basically a non bulky mesh or kevlar garment w connecting armored panels all over the place from waist up, and it's thin enough to wear your fav ducati t-shirt over it; then there so called armored shorts which protect the hips, thighs and tailbone,,,,,,,I've got a VIKING mesh type CE armored jacket for hot summer weather but want to find new protective gear for summer riding,,,,,,if anyone wears M/C body armor, on this forum your feedback on what you've tried or use is most welcome,,,,,,BTW, the better quality stuff isn't all that cheap,,,,,,the Troy Lee 7855 armored shirt costs $175, while good armored shorts cost around $59- $159+,,,,,,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts