Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody received a classic yet in the USA? I put my deposit down in Oct '14 and have been told a May delivery but have not heard anything yet from the dealership.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Been waiting a classic myself. Originally told May 2nd. Not. Last Wednesday dealer called and said my order status changed from "open" to "on the water". He said that could mean the bike was anywhere from the port in Thailand to customs in Long Neach. He said he'd update me in 5 days. Still waiting for that. Other folks on the forum say 2-3 weeks from on water to first ride

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks like at least two more weeks, judging by the time lines in other countries, from the first Icons delivered to the appearance of the other models. There was about a six week difference between the two. Sucks, don't it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just heard from my Ducati dealer in Fort Collins Colorado that they have not heard anything yet from Ducati and they expect the bike this month. They said Ducati routinely tells them if bikes will be late. I preordered Oct 4 so I guess a few more weeks won't kill me. Ugh!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer in San Diego said my Classic leaves the factory on May 25, and will arrive here about two weeks later (June 8). I'm the first order for a Classic at this dealer. He ordered a number of all four models really early (end of last year I think), knowing they'd all sell easily enough.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went to the dealership today. Talked to the owner, he said I am first in line and that the bike is showing that it is at the warehouse in the U.S. and will likely ship/arrive this coming week.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't arouse my undying hope only to not fully bed her down by the end of next week. Thanks for the leg work yesterday, though, Cap! Had the chance to ride my friend's red Icon to the World of Golf " Riding Through History " event yesterday.

All was well on it. He had his seat re-worked by Sargent, it's now good for twice as long as the original ( 40 mins.? ). Not perfect, although much better until they make their own pan. Very much fun to ride and is beyond attractive, drawing attention where ever it is. I can't imagine many outlaws on it. Very basic ride. Easy right wrist and positive shifts and it's good to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone in the USA received their Classic yet?

My dealer in PA told me on May 12th that the Classics are stuck in NJ awaiting customs. It seems like there may be some problem if that's the case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm first in line at my dealer for a Classic.

My San Diego dealer (Southbay Motorsports) told me a couple of days ago that the status shows "on the water". I told him that it was great and that I'd be looking forward to his call in the next week or two. His response was that he thought it would arrive within a matter of a few more days. He sounded pretty sure that it wasn't "weeks" at this point, but now "days". Since he's never given me any concrete dates or indications of arrival dates before, I'm guessing he has enough information to say what he said.

Another thing some of you might find interesting - I received a call from Ducati USA yesterday (a fellow named Ryan). He was calling me to apologize that Ducati never responded to my Ducati.com form submitted complaint about two months ago for the lack of information and accuracy on arrival dates. Ryan told me that the person who filled the post before him was no longer working for Ducati, and that he was going to call me again with more concrete information about when my Classic will arrive at my dealer. His supervisor was checking on the status, and once Ryan gets the word from that person, he'll contact me again to let me know.

I'll make a note here on the forum when/if I hear from him again. It sounds like at least part of the Ducati to consumer interfacing in the US should improve now - at least that's what I was told.

·
Registered
9 Posts
"It's on the water," "It's in New Jersey," and "Any day, any day now". Those were the words that came from the sales manager in Vermont, USA. Frankly, I don't think he knows where my Classic is along the distribution chain. I've put a deposit down for the Classic in early October and I hope to get the good news from the dealer by the end of next week.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it looks like the promised/expected May delivery has come and gone. No bike. Have a bunch of accessories sitting here waiting to go on. Termi race exhaust, FT bars and seat, and classic bags. What's really strange is my dealer has no way of checking the exact delivery date or if the bike is even on its way. All they can tell me is that Ducati only tells him if there is a delay and then didn't do that this time. No tracking numbers like normal businesses use when they ship goods. I expect I'll get the bike next week. Fingers crossed. What's really strange is my dealer has no way of checking the exact delivery date or if the bike is even on its way. All they can tell me is that Ducati usually tells him if there is a delay and they didn't do it this time. Ugh. Waiting gets harder when the date gets closer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same here Jupiter. Arrrrgh. My dealer did get a FT last week, thought my Classis would be this week. I'm almost ready to buy something else!

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's almost unbelievable that the dealers can't get better delivery information from Ducati.
Hopefully someone in Ducati will eventually see posts like these and understand that they need to do things differently.

It's my understanding that the dealers in Europe have a much better delivery information system. If that is really the case why is it handled so poorly for customers in the USA?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts