Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I just purchased a Scrambler Desert Sled and I am in love with it! Theres just one thing bugging me out, and thats the cheap old-fashioned headlamp. I think its a shame they did only the outer ring LED and not the whole. So I was searching the internet for a suitable full LED headlight. Unfortunately, all of the headlamps i found do not fit on the desert sled (at least thats what they say)
has anyone found a solution / a suiting full Led headlamp for a desert sled?

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motodemic do one, looks high quality but its very expensive.

Matt Gecko has one on his website, also available on AliExpress which can work out cheaper internationally

Thank you so much!! i've looked into motodemic but if i remember correctly, it says that the desert sled is not compatible. I am very happy about to hear about the Matt Gecko one!! it looks fantastic. Thank you soo much!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use the Matt gecko one and got to meet him in person (Bay Area, CA), he's a super nice guy and the headlight is awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the Matt gecko one and got to meet him in person (Bay Area, CA), he's a super nice guy and the headlight is awesome.
Wow great!
Do you know by any chance if those headlights are ECE approved? I know in the U.S you have a different system but its very important for aftermarket parts in Europe.
Best regards

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow great!
Do you know by any chance if those headlights are ECE approved? I know in the U.S you have a different system but its very important for aftermarket parts in Europe.
Best regards
I'm not sure, reach out and ask him. he can confirm I'm sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys

I just purchased a Scrambler Desert Sled and I am in love with it! Theres just one thing bugging me out, and thats the cheap old-fashioned headlamp. I think its a shame they did only the outer ring LED and not the whole. So I was searching the internet for a suitable full LED headlight. Unfortunately, all of the headlamps i found do not fit on the desert sled (at least thats what they say)
has anyone found a solution / a suiting full Led headlamp for a desert sled?

Thanks for the replies!
I've had my eye on this one for a while. Sounds like it fits the Desert Sled.
LED Headlamp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright I think for the Desert Sled, this LED lamp from Matt Gecko seems perfect. Unfortunately, i reached out to him and he told me that its currently not ECE approved.
Does anybody from Europe (I live in Switzerland) know how the regulations are withoug ECE approved parts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can put an Osram Nightbreaker H4 bulb in the OEM housing. I did on my 2020 DS and it looks 10x nicer than OEM and provides a decent uptick in lighting output. Depending on what year Desert Sled is I read that Ducati changed the plugs on the 2019+ models with auto on headlight feature and the Matt Gecko light doesn't support that, meaning different style plug. I haven't verified this but didn't want to gamble $250 to find out as that was going to be my first choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright I think for the Desert Sled, this LED lamp from Matt Gecko seems perfect. Unfortunately, i reached out to him and he told me that its currently not ECE approved.
Does anybody from Europe (I live in Switzerland) know how the regulations are withoug ECE approved parts?
Ah, bugger!

I also live in Europe. So....a generic 7" housing + fork brakets + a Morimoto Sealed7? Could that work? Thats my current scramble right now :)

Maybe this could get some inspiration:

brgds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts