Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased the Limited Edition Hailwood Scrambler. Love it! (Only 58 made)
Info about this special edition here: Ducati Thailand Celebrates Mike Hailwood with a Custom Scrambler

Several people have shown interest in purchasing a similar Cowl/FlyScreen & Seat. Not available thru Ducati.
Just wondering if there is any interest from members in purchasing a similar Cowl/FlyScreen or Seat and should I pursue a manufacturer?
Over to you.

f.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not many have ever seen a Hailwood Monoposto LE Scrambler.
When I saw this bike, I got the FIZZ and had to have it.
A bespoke factory custom 1 of 58 available only in Thailand. (Ducati has a factory in Thailand producing the entire lineup)

These tribute Scramblers were scooped up by Ducati Thailand VIP clientele upon release and are being held as blue chip investments. Based on the 2016 Icon, the accessories package doubled the price.
I found this one with only 152 kilometers on the clock. Held as a showpiece in a climate controlled showroom.
Lucky me.

MIKE HAILWOOD LIMITED EDITION SCRAMBLER FEATURES:
  • Bespoke monoposto tail section w/Integrated taillight & LED turn signals
  • Unique custom shaped side panels with DESMO lettering
  • Custom performance race seat
  • One of a kind headlight faring w/tinted windscreen & LED signals
  • Unique formed fuel tank
  • Body / Trellis Frame special paint in DYNAMIC RED mimics the 900SS
  • Distinctive tricolore Mike Hailwood livery
  • Custom lowered sport handlebar, black
  • Panigale Superbike grips
  • Ducati catalog billet mirrors, black anodized
  • Dual Termignoni carbon fiber pipes
  • Upgraded Ohlin shock
  • Kayaba inverted forks, black
  • BREMBO brakes
  • Gold painted wheels a homage to Mikes victorious Ducati 900SS
  • Pirelli Angel GT tires
  • Individual engraved number plate inscribed on the top of the seat cover

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dumped the old gas, oil & brake fluid, then Ducati flashed the software for me yesterday.
Scrubbing in the tires now.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I assume that you do realize the without proper photos this bike does not actually exist. :eagerness::eagerness:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Late reply, but I would be interested! Am I the only one?
I canned the idea for lack of interest. Surprised not many like it as much as I do.
Not a big fan of the Scrambler till I saw this one. The limited edition model gave me the fizz.
Really sounds great with the (neighbor maker) Termi pipes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That surprises me too - it’s the only windscreen/cowl that has looked interesting to me in the whole time I’ve had my Scrambler. Bummer!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Each to their own but not my cup of tea, the lines of the new bodywork seem a bit.... off. Glad it's found a home where it will be used though, nothing worse than a bike left static, slowly dying...

·
Registered
209 Posts
That bike is wow and I would definitely ride it.

The lines are a little goofy in the way that the Mercury Capri (remember that?) had the round front and low back end.

But I like it a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts