1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
834 Posts
My mate bought is it a 690 one. He had a Monster 900 and a multi strada1000 before and loves it. He misses the vee torque but its agility is good and he kept up on a trip with Monsters to Belgium ok. I rode it whilst it was running in and felt very able and similar to my Yamaha tt500 for ride fun but with better everything. So I would imagine the 390 is similar. Top end will be the only thing different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a KTM 350 EXC-F. It's a dual sport that is really a woods enduro bike with street gearing, blinkers and lights/horn. I swapped out the street gearing for true EXC gearing and put full woods knobs on it. Most of my street riding is just road sections during trail rides/events. The thing is amazing at how well it rides in the woods. The 350 motor has plenty of poke and is quick rev'ing. It's a motor that you bond with. My friends have older 450 EXC's that feel like trucks and rev like tractors. Not this motor. I think the 390 must have that same light quick rev'ing feeling. I wanted to get the RC390 but I can't justify another clip-on bike.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have the 690 smcr
I bought it new last year 2014 and have only 1700 miles on it.
The Scrambler I hope is going to replace it. Don't get me wrong, the 690 is a great tool, I just like the look of the Scrambler for a second bike and if I want an adrenalin rush, I'll take the 1290sdR, and if I need more adrenalin I'll walk across a busy motorway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a '13 500 EXC-F and a '13 250 XC. The 250 is the best technical woods bike I've ever had. The 500 has explosive power out of corners that is incredibly fun. The 500 on the street just gets me in trouble.... Way too playful. Always tempted to mischief and as Oscar Wilde said, "I can resist everything except temptation."
The Scrambler Full Throttle looks about right for me.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I've decided to keep the 690 SMCR. I was going to put it away when the Scrambler comes home, but....
KTMs are great bikes.

That's five KTMs at the house now.
1290 SuperdukeR - Mine
690 SMCR - x2 My son and I both have one.
RC8R - My sons
250 xcr - My sons

·
Registered
72 Posts
Decided to hold off on the Scrambler and get a KTM 300 XC for the woods. Sold the 250 XC. It was great but I wanted more.... I'll have to wait for one of you to decide that the Scrambler isn't just right for you and pick it up then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Duke 390 and absolutely love it. Ideal for the chaotic traffic we face in Mumbai. Am getting the Icon but will hold on to the KTM as well just for its light weight and hooligan nature....Its a great handler but lacks a little refinement in the engine department...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts