Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2019 Cafe Racer a month ago and trying to dial in the fit a bit. Would love to make the bike just a tad more comfortable. Otherwise love it. Anyone with similar thoughts of wanting to raise the bars just a tad? Any good suggestions? Does anyone know what the stock rise is on the CR clip-ons? One thing I was thinking of was swapping out the clips for the Apex 4in rise ones hoping that might do the trick? Just looking for 2 inch or so more rise. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for HeliBars to raise bars on Cafe Scrambler myself. Need dealer/installer in SoCal high desert or Palm Springs/Riverside area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for HeliBars to raise bars on Cafe Scrambler myself. Need dealer/installer in SoCal high desert or Palm Springs/Riverside area.
Which model are you looking at and how much rise do you think you’re aiming for over stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you looked at the Woodcraft clip on bar risers. They come in black and have several heights ranging from one to three inches. Also Apex has a bar system that is kind of a combination of the old Guzzi goose neck and the Cycle Cat bars. It allows infinite adjustablity and even the drop angle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw those. Might give them a go. Worried about if the cables will be long enough. Do you know the clamp diameter that is required?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cables can accommodate some upward movement. On the throttle side you can just move the cable from above the bars to below the bars. On the clutch side I do not have a clear solution yet. I am sure we could just buy cables for the other Scrambler models and have the length we need. I was looking at rerouting the clutch cables and the electric wires look like there is some room for movement. Salesman at my dealer swears he installed the bars from the Full Throttle and it worked. I need to ask about the cables he used. As to the fork diameter I measured 52mm but when I went on one of the websites selling them they stated 53 mm. I plan on doing a second careful measurement later I just have not gotten that far yet. was surprised on my first ride 100 miles without stopping that I did not feel the bars were a problem. I am 6'1" and about 195 pounds and I found the limiting factor the seat not the bars. BTW I am 74 so not a flexible youth who is bullet proof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cables can accommodate some upward movement. On the throttle side you can just move the cable from above the bars to below the bars. On the clutch side I do not have a clear solution yet. I am sure we could just buy cables for the other Scrambler models and have the length we need. I was looking at rerouting the clutch cables and the electric wires look like there is some room for movement. Salesman at my dealer swears he installed the bars from the Full Throttle and it worked. I need to ask about the cables he used. As to the fork diameter I measured 52mm but when I went on one of the websites selling them they stated 53 mm. I plan on doing a second careful measurement later I just have not gotten that far yet. was surprised on my first ride 100 miles without stopping that I did not feel the bars were a problem. I am 6'1" and about 195 pounds and I found the limiting factor the seat not the bars. BTW I am 74 so not a flexible youth who is bullet proof.
Thank you! I’m a shorter 5’ 7” so I have to lean more forward. Hence the slighter higher bars to improve the reach numbers a bit. Agreed, the seat is the worse. If you find a solution for the seat too do share. I created a thread about the seat but can’t seem to find any working aftermarket solution that works with the cafe racer.

Let me know what you confirm on the diameter. It appears the Apex 4 inch or woodcraft 3in rise would give just that but more to keep the look but get the comfort.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Woodcraft are set heights where the Apex is adjustable so you can custom fit the height. That makes them very tempting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They make 10*' rise bar's that you can rotate 360* to any position. Clip-on's by Duca-something. Sorry, forget the full name. Just type it in on your search engine. Ducati cafe racer 10* clip-on bar's....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did a search and did not find anything for 10*. I am assuming you meant 10" but I did not find that either. I did find what I have found before Woodcraft bar risers in half inch increments from zero to 3" I think 10" would be way too much. Woodcraft has a piece that you bolt to the top triple clamp that allows regular bars to be installed but again that is just too much. Especially if you wanted to retain the stock wires and cables. This is a project I need to get started on and see what will work. It is not a high priority because I have found I can ride a pretty fair distance and be fine with the stock bars. I think the seat to bar distance is less than most of the bike I have ridden with full clipons that have been killing me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a search and did not find anything for 10*. I am assuming you meant 10" but I did not find that either. I did find what I have found before Woodcraft bar risers in half inch increments from zero to 3" I think 10" would be way too much. Woodcraft has a piece that you bolt to the top triple clamp that allows regular bars to be installed but again that is just too much. Especially if you wanted to retain the stock wires and cables. This is a project I need to get started on and see what will work. It is not a high priority because I have found I can ride a pretty fair distance and be fine with the stock bars. I think the seat to bar distance is less than most of the bike I have ridden with full clipons that have been killing me.
Thanks! I could not find anything with that search too. 3inch woodcraft might do the trick but need to see if the cables will work or measure what the rise on the stock clips are.

Do keep us posted on what you do. Just a tad more rise will make the bike way more comfortable while keeping the look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just ordered the Ducabike 10 degree adjustment which looks like you can adjust the height or sweep by 43mm.

I’ll report back how they feel.

I’m surprised no one makes any clip-in bars that are shaped like this. Something that allows you to side into the existing handlebar clips but shaped to give more rise. Would be useful for other similar style bikes too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hopefully it works out. Are you putting them in a standered double neck mount ? Not single side clip-on mount's ? If so be careful...those neck's are designed for a single bar to go all the way through. If you are trying to find a single bar ( like a mountain bike bar) with a sweep, they do make them also. I will find the website. RENTHAL....JUST ONE??

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to the website and those bars are just the bars not the full clipons. What they do is change the drop angle of the bar. That can be problematic in that it can put your hands at a strange angle. It is similar in concept to what Cycle Cat did years ago. Very clever in that you do not need to replace the whole bar. If the stock drop is too much then this will work out perfectly for you. For me it would be a disaster. I think the stock drop is pretty much perfect but that is dependent on your torso and arm length. Good luck and I hope they work out for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts