Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to dynojet on the phone a couple days ago and they informed me the power commander v has not yet been programmed for the 2020 scrambler due to covid. I reallyyyyy want to put an exhaust, modify the airbox plus add a k&n filter for that extra power but I know I'll need to remap my fuel output or I'll just run super lean and possibly mess up the bike. Is there any way to get the 2020 ecu remapped by a tuner? Or have any of you use a PCV on a 2020 and it actually works? I read about adding 8-10 hp which I feel the cafe racer needs.

Also my second question is.. do I need to have the gears altered to allow for the extra power to be fully utilized?

And finally for those of you who have done the above aforementioned mods plus tuning on a 2019 or below, what kind of speed increases have you seen in regard to 0-60 time? I hate that 1st gear maxes out at 45 mph. I want it to at least hit 60 for going into second

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered a Rexxer for my mods (Termignoni race exhaust, MWR power up kit). I have not installed everything yet, but will soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You may have chosen the wrong bike if you want to stay in first gear up to 60mph. The 1199 Panigale only gets to 75mph in first and that has more than twice the power of a Scrambler.

Certainly you'd have to change the gearing as well as doing any tuning. Looking at the gear Commander website, you'd have to alter it substantially to get 60mph out of first. Like going to 35 tooth rear sprocket, which would basically make first the same ratio as second is on your bike currently. So maybe try setting off in second instead of first :)

Pulling that (other than s-l-o-w-l-y ) will require a heap more power. Probably a lot more than you could get without serious work to the engine.

bm

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Ducati does 60 mph in first gear and gets there in about two and a half seconds! Oh wait, that is my XDiavel. :p

PW: DPL0260n#267

1 - 4 of 4 Posts