Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over a month ago my dealer and Ducati rep said the Icon could come as late as April with the other models following about a month after that. Well March is here and although the weather in Virginia has been nasty, I'm getting the itch real bad now. Have had a deposit on a yellow Icon since last Oct. So has anybody heard of a definite arrival date?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess April 1st wouldn't be too bad. Lol. Oh well ice and snow needs to melt, and my BMW GS is always at the ready.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was told beginning of April. I hope that is right if I a
Have to wait till may i might be a little crazy by then

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was also told April, so in my head I've decided that it's "very late April" so I don't go insane. If it's early April, it'll be a nice surprise. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dealer told me mid March and emailed me on 2/20 saying they were still on track for that time. Sucks that Boston is a disgusting snow city right now. Doesn't matter though, I'm still getting it the first day possible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In NJ the dealer told me April for Icons and another 6 weeks for my classic. I doubt they have a firm date

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sacramento California was told within a month as of last week.
Dave,

I understand the Sacramento dealer will have a Scrambler on display for one day, this Friday, 6 March. I'm going to try and make it over the hill from Reno to take a look. Chances are slim it will be available for a test ride, they'd probably have a line out and around the block

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dave,

I understand the Sacramento dealer will have a Scrambler on display for one day, this Friday, 6 March. I'm going to try and make it over the hill from Reno to take a look. Chances are slim it will be available for a test ride, they'd probably have a line out and around the block
I'll be there, I figured a free meal and something to drink and a chance to just even sit on the Scrambler would be great but I'm guessing you're right about the line if there is a demo available.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bob, It is for display only. No rides. Although, I went to the Livermore showing in January and the rep said he had been riding the Scrambler. Now that he has been all over the US and back I am curious to see how many miles he has put on it. On another post the photos showed he has put a lot of road grime on it.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I've been hearing April as well. I can remember talking about the Scrambler back in December thinking April is never going to get here. Now we are just 1 month away!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer here in Colorado said May for my classic. I'm really curious when the first guy in the USA gets a scrambler please check where the bike was manufactured. There Is a lot of conflicting views that it's either coming from Italy or Thailand.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also heard that everybody who put a deposit on a Scrambler (in the States) is in Ducati's system and will be contacted (email) when the bike is close to delivery. Anybody else hear that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I talked to my dealer yesterday here in Boston. He assured me that the northeast Ducati rep has been telling everyone mid-March. I asked how accurate he was in his new delivery predictions and said the D-rep was pretty spot on within about a week or so. He was going to talk to the D-rep in about a week or so and is going to let me know what info he gets from that. I also asked about whether or not they were coming from Thailand or from Italy, he said Italy. I also mentioned that not a single person in the USA has been told anything earlier than April and he assured the the D-rep told him mid-March.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to my dealer yesterday here in Boston. He assured me that the northeast Ducati rep has been telling everyone mid-March. I asked how accurate he was in his new delivery predictions and said the D-rep was pretty spot on within about a week or so. He was going to talk to the D-rep in about a week or so and is going to let me know what info he gets from that. I also asked about whether or not they were coming from Thailand or from Italy, he said Italy. I also mentioned that not a single person in the USA has been told anything earlier than April and he assured the the D-rep told him mid-March.
Thanks for the info, here's to mid-March. But if it does slip to April, that's not too far off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts