1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a full throttle with arkrapovic end cans no cat
Low end snatchy lumpy not the best ride
I know ducati are not as smooth as we would like
But I think it needs a remap called ducati wolverhampton they said maybe use a rapid evo fuel module? But I've tried a booster plug and it hasn't sorted it so I'm stuck what to do
Your thoughts are welcome the bike came from ducati preston with the akropovic fitted

Bsd performance Peterborough uk

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Before you go out and buy stuff, remove the throttle tube. Thoroughly clean it and clean the bar end, and add some powdered graphite afterwards before you put it back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If cleaning the throttle tube doesn't work, try the G2 throttle tamer. It gives you a few more millimeters of play at low revs, my bike is no longer snatchy in city traffic. Also, apply the rear brake lightly in roundabouts and tight low-speed corners.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think low end snatchiness is/was a feature of the earlier Scramblers (don't know about the newer ones). Mine's a 2015 and was extremely snatchy and lumpy at low speeds, especially over uneven surfaces such as my lane! I did get used to it to some degree but then fitted a booster plug and it has definitely improved things although I have lost a few MPGs. My exhaust is stock though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think low end snatchiness is/was a feature of the earlier Scramblers (don't know about the newer ones). Mine's a 2015 and was extremely snatchy and lumpy at low speeds, especially over uneven surfaces such as my lane! I did get used to it to some degree but then fitted a booster plug and it has definitely improved things although I have lost a few MPGs. My exhaust is stock though.
Mines a 2015 but I bought it with 165 miles on the clock about a month ago

I've spoken to the company today who have remapped quite a few scramblers
Because I have no cat and arkrapovic exhaust it does need a remap they do away with the two sensors
And dyno the bike
I had ideas the booster plug would sort the problem but apparently the sensors are more or less fighting with each other or something
It feels worse to me than before
I love the bike and on the open road it's fine
But it really is a chore in town traffic
I know it shouldn't be like that I've had bikes all my life
Booked in for 're map on the 13th September
Long way though Peterborough

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If cleaning the throttle tube doesn't work, try the G2 throttle tamer. It gives you a few more millimeters of play at low revs, my bike is no longer snatchy in city traffic. Also, apply the rear brake lightly in roundabouts and tight low-speed corners.
Thanks for the idea there are so many g2 throttle tamers which one have you got buddy?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before you go out and buy stuff, remove the throttle tube. Thoroughly clean it and clean the bar end, and add some powdered graphite afterwards before you put it back.
I've just taken the throttle of and cleaned it good but it's too late to go and try it hopefully I can tomorrow thankyou for the advice

·
Registered
50 Posts
cjs ducati bristol did full remap on dyno , ignition sas , o2 delete and rev limiter removal or increase if u want , spot on

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cjs ducati bristol did full remap on dyno , ignition sas , o2 delete and rev limiter removal or increase if u want , spot on
Hi jules what's it run like now ?
The company I contacted do away with the o2 and dyno the bike they say it's a totally different bike after

1 - 11 of 11 Posts