Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cafe Racer and I want to get rid of the Scrambler logo for something a bit more fresh. I want it to just say Ducati like the old black/silver and white logo. Asking my dealer I was told it would be a costly endeavor.

So wanted to ask if anyone has done this themselves and has recommendations, or outside of the dealership who to reach out too.

Here is a pic...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, I have no idea how that would be costly. Peel it off and put a new one on. Or at the worst case, buy a second set of side panels for the tank and put the new decals on those.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
(and let your bike stand in the sun for a while, removing these decals is much easier when the "glue" is warm)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the comments and advice! I thought the current emblam was attached or screwed into the bike to the point that it will leave screw marks etc.. The dealership was telling me it would cost over a grand easy to have it removed and repainted... Although I am sure a decal could solve this easily.

Two last questions...

1. Has anyone removed the emblem before? Just want to be sure I don't have to deal with screw marks etc. underneath.
2. Has anyone seen this decal sold anywhere, or know where I might get the to make? I only found one somewhat resembling this on Ebay, but it is not exact and closest color is silver vs white what I want. The cheap price also makes me think it will be shi#$. Here it is: #K219 (2) 6" Ducati Vintage Retro Logo Decal Sticker Gloss Silver Metallic | eBay

Cheers again!
//S

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for another post, but has anyone seen any similar available options to those small carry pouches attached under the logo in the photos? Would love to find something like that vs. always using my us-20 bag when I want to carry small items around...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Max for confirming! Mind posting any pictures of the after product, and welcome any pictures of the process if you took them :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine were removed to powder coat the panels black. The sticker covers an indented screw that holds the panel to the tank (also a hook towards the slim end of the panel). The sticker can be removed with a hairdryer and line, be gentle and patient. If you get the sticker like your pic shows it wont hide the screw and indent. Shame really because I really like that style and font.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks supamoto for the additional feedback.

I agree, it is a shame there is an indent. But maybe I can fill up the hole with something, smooth it out and after dried cover with the decal.

Since I cant find white anywhere, and seeing as there is little to no white on the bike but a ton of gold, may go with that color.

Thanks everyone, will post pics later this summer when I have done the project :02.47-tranquillity:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Marcinko,

Thanks for posting the pic! Looks good! Yes, basically like that. I just want to add above and below it a sticker/line as well in either gold or oxblood which I will be getting grips in.

Could you possibly post another pic or two from further away showing the whole bike with the new lettering?

Also, any recommendations on the process (what did you use to remove?), did you have to do anything to fill in the previous hole? I can see in the pics but not sure if you had to plug the hole or anything?

Would also greatly appreciate if you would share the link for where you got the sticker/decal, and the sizing of it!

Thanks!
//S

·
Registered
82 Posts
So, the process was stupid easy.
1. Warm up original badge just enough to soften the adhesive.
2. Carefully removed the badge by hand (just peeled it off) and placed on wax paper in case I wanted to use the again.
3. Cleaned any residue with desolvesit
4. Washed the solvent off the tank and dryer with a dust free cloth.
5. Determined placement of new logo and marked with masking tape. Use the bottom off the panel as a guide to ensure the placement is level.
6. Apply decal work out and air pockets and the remove protective layer.

Repeat for othe side. I also removed the panel bolts and painted them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts