Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rapidly approaching 4000 miles on the stock tyres and I'll be surprised if they make it much further than that with enough tread.

The front maybe has more life but even though I replaced the rear after 100 miles due to a puncture, it's now certainly in its twilight.

There are several posts about more dirt biased tyre options but I've not seen much about fitting some road specific sport or sport touring tyres.

Has anyone done it? I'd love to see some photos because I worry that the bike will lose a lot of it's presence without the chunky looking MT-60's.

I know you can get the Michelin PR3's in our size, which is what I'd go for if I made the switch.

Honestly though, the MT-60's have done well. Grippy enough in road and gravel, they haven't squared too badly and they really do look the part.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have to admit I'm finding it hard to fault the stock tyres on the road. When mine wear out I'll probably stick with them.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
The stock tires are absolutely fantastic - one of the best things about the bike.

But they wear VERY quickly.

I'll never use anything else though - my bike hits the dirt and fire roads with regularity.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think road based tyres on the UE and Classic would,like you say,take away some of the presence but wouldn't look out of place on the FT and Icon.

·
Registered
424 Posts

I guess "looks the part" is subjective. But I now have over 2,000 miles on the PR3s and have found no compromise in "performance" on wet or dry paved or dry non-paved (dirt or gravel) roads vs. the original Pirelli tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts