Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some feedback on the Andreani fork cartridge by people that have had them fitted please. I have had the Maxton rear shock and the Maxton right fork done about 4 years ago, but am now looking to having both forks redone. Also has anyone gone from the Maxton front to Andreani and was there any difference.

Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just looking for some feedback on the Andreani fork cartridge by people that have had them fitted please. I have had the Maxton rear shock and the Maxton right fork done about 4 years ago, but am now looking to having both forks redone. Also has anyone gone from the Maxton front to Andreani and was there any difference.

Thanks.
I am just about to buy some Maxton stuff.....any reason you are considering changing brands?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had the rear shock and the right fork done years ago and loved the difference in handling it made to the bike. But now four years later felt it was time to have both forks upgraded, as its a pain removing the little Allen bolt every time I want to change the dampening of the right fork, plus would be nice to have a dial to change the compression as well, so contacted them and was put off by the price. I will be keeping the rear shock as I love it so wont be changing that, and still looks good after four years of being on and the quality of their work is fantastic and would love to have the front done by them if the price had been a little lower. What work are you having done?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had the rear shock and the right fork done years ago and loved the difference it made to the bike. But now four years later felt it was time to have both forks upgraded, as its a pain removing the little Allen bolt every time I wanna change the dampening of the fork, so contacted them and was put of by the price. I will be keeping the rear shock as I love it so wont be changing that, and still looks good after four years of being on and the quality of their work is fantastic and would love to have the front done by them. What work are you having done?
Thanks for the kind reply. I have a Desert Sled and it is really quite tall. I also find the suspension really, really hard. I have set up the sag carefully and tried to tune the damping but it is still like riding a bone shaker. So I find myself with a double whammy: a really tall bike which is to allow for great suspension except it has dreadful suspension. I am looking at the Triumph XC and the alternative is to lower the Sled and improve the suspension. I have ordered a lowered seat and Maxton say they can build a bit of lowering into the suspension. So I will start off with a rear unit, drop the forks by 1/2 inch and if I still need more then get maxton to give me cartridges for the front......I still like the look of the XC though!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Icon and do love it as its just tall enough for me, puts a smile on my face with the torque, the suspension was the first to be changed when I got it as it was terrible, its a shame really that Ducati did not put this on to begin with. I would love to just buy the cartridges and do it myself but after reading up on it feel its easier for someone else to do it. Drilling out a grub screw and then removing the lower clamp from the stanction. The Triumph XC looks nice but to high for my little legs, I looked at the Triumph 1200 Speed Twin a few weeks ago and love it. If i ever decide to sell or px the Duc it will be for one of them. Good luck with sorting the bike out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Icon and do love it as its just tall enough for me, puts a smile on my face with the torque, the suspension was the first to be changed when I got it as it was terrible, its a shame really that Ducati did not put this on to begin with. I would love to just buy the cartridges and do it myself but after reading up on it feel its easier for someone else to do it. Drilling out a grub screw and then removing the lower clamp from the stanction. The Triumph XC looks nice but to high for my little legs, I looked at the Triumph 1200 Speed Twin a few weeks ago and love it. If i ever decide to sell or px the Duc it will be for one of them. Good luck with sorting the bike out.
Thanks and I am not a big chap either! I do wonder why Ducati put such cheap components on what is not a cheap bike. First time out in the rain all 4 indicators filled with water. Turns out older bikes had 'handed' indicator lenses with a drain hole at the bottom. Then an accountant decided to save 25 c. and the lenses now have drain holes top and bottom. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Found this today, hope it helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the kind reply. I have a Desert Sled and it is really quite tall. I also find the suspension really, really hard. I have set up the sag carefully and tried to tune the damping but it is still like riding a bone shaker. So I find myself with a double whammy: a really tall bike which is to allow for great suspension except it has dreadful suspension. I am looking at the Triumph XC and the alternative is to lower the Sled and improve the suspension. I have ordered a lowered seat and Maxton say they can build a bit of lowering into the suspension. So I will start off with a rear unit, drop the forks by 1/2 inch and if I still need more then get maxton to give me cartridges for the front......I still like the look of the XC though!
You can soften the forks right off by getting the compression damping to zero and no preload or very little. Have a look at the manual it tells you how to do it. Don't drop the forks just drop them around 25mm in the triple clamps doesn't effect handling. I skinned my already lower seat and hacksawed off around 150mm off the front of it to make it flat to meet flush with the tank, otherwise was like a western horse saddle. I reshaped the sides so it didn't dig into my quads and now works really well for my 5'6". Just had an upholsterer clean it up. I put a nitron shock on custom made for my 65 kilos now I can really pound it on the bush tracks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts