Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be doing an exhaust, BMC filter, and Rexxer tune on my Icon within the next month or two as riding season arrives here in Maryland.

Although it's expensive, I've settled on the Akrapovic catless titanium slipon. I like the look, I like the weight loss, I like the sound, and I like the power increases, especially with the Rexxer tune. My last consideration is whether or not to do a full exhaust with headers. It's (roughly) another $600 on top of the cost of the slipon, but it will loose me another 3 pounds or so, along with some more power gains. That's starting to get in to silly cost-per-gain territory, but I am weak in the knees where things made of Titanium (especially when they say "Akrapovic" on the side...) are concerned.

I know realistically that I will be quite happy with the slipon and the tune, but I was looking around at who to order from this morning, and I kept looking at those headers...

So is anyone out there running a full exhaust with headers? What's it like in comparison to just a slipon? I'm not going to run in to Tony Juliano's problem with enough power to slip the stock clutch, am I? (Note that I'm not doing the crazy airbox mods he did, just the BMC filter.) Is the power delivery / curve that much better with headers?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have a friend who has the exact set up as you want to achieve and I have never heard him say anything negative in regards to the Akro with Titanium headers, BMC air filter and Rexxer tune. Consider doing away with the 02 sensors too if your doing the Rexxer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the plan was to deactivate the O2 sensors / SAI with the Rexxer tune.

I'm waffling back and forth on the headers. That money could also go toward a new Sargent seat and or suspension upgrades as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts