Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes the Ohlins cartridges will fit. I also have the Ohlins rear shock (with custom valving) just showed up!

Looking forward to the new ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The FSK100. one of the big issues is removing the inner tube from the fork bottom. my guy had to make a set screw.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The FSK100. one of the big issues is removing the inner tube from the fork bottom. my guy had to make a set screw.
Hmph, seems like it needs a little bit of modification on the forks. I think I will go ahead and get the rear shock first and see how it goes. Anyway, Good Job and thank you very much for sharing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Question, not to HJ the thread, but more to add to it for myself and anyone looking to go with this upgrade as well:

Are the adjustable Öhlins, that come standard on the 1100 scrambler sport, an option for the care racer?

I think the gold forks my a statement for sure, however more of a tease would be to have adjustability for transitioning from city to country riding.

Thank you!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Are the adjustable Öhlins, that come standard on the 1100 scrambler sport, an option for the care racer?

I think the gold forks my a statement for sure, however more of a tease would be to have adjustability for transitioning from city to country riding.
As Max said, I doubt that they're a direct drop-in, but Öhlins already makes a set of gold forks for the 800 which come with new triple clamps:

ÖHLINS Complete Ohlins fork kit: Ducati Scrambler

·
Registered
892 Posts
Everything is an option but the question you did not ask is are they a practical option and the answer to the is most definitely no.

800 CR - 41 mm fork tubes, 1100 sport - 48 mm fork tubes., You will need new triple clamps and there is every chance the 1100 ones will not fit in the CR steering head so it will be some custom engineering may be required.

800CR - 186 kg, 1100 Sport - 200 kg plus. The forks as standard will be configured for a heavier bike and will need to be reconfigured for the CR.

800CR- 17" front wheel, 1100 Sport - 18" front wheel.
800CR - single disc, 1100 Sport twin disc. You will probably also need a new front wheel with associated brake hardware then you may or may not have issues with the ABS on the CR that will need to be resolved.

As mentioned above if you want Ohlins for a CR just go and buy some Ohlins designed for the CR it will not be cheap but it will be way cheaper and easier than trying to make the 1100 ones work on the 800.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just found out the same. Stay Tunned for the upgrade, quoting as we speak.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice. The site I linked to has a loyalty program. It costs $15 to sign up for a life membership, but these Ohlins forks are $200 cheaper with the discount. ($2799 with discount.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts