Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 Duc Scrambler Icon. Want to try one of the 'exact fit' w mounts and hardware rider foot peg kits from SW-MOTECH.US,,,,,,made in germany,,,,,,,I know the multistrada pegs fit; however, these are NOT height adj.,,,,,,causing u to either remove the rubber inserts or adj the shift lever. AS these two kits are HEIGHT/& or 90 degree adjustable, and come w rubber inserts, mounts and hardware, there is the advantage; Anyone having bought one of these kits, give your feedback please,,,,I'm a street rider seeking more comfort, less vibration from aftermarket pegs w rubber inserts,,,,,,BTW, both kits can lower the peg height by 25 mm or 1 inch,,,,,,,Piug makes peg kits too for duc scramblers; again, these puig kits MAY not be ht adjustable,,,,,

-'EVO FOOTREST KIT'/ $168.95
-'ION DUAL POSITION FRONT PEG KIT'/$115.90

For inf, call: 503-744-6686

·
Registered
14 Posts
Both of the sets you are looking at have a maximum lowering of 15mm, which is about a little more that half an inch.....only!
I tried the Ion duals and sent them back. The 1/2 inch increase did nothing for me regarding leg room. and comfort wise, with my hard sole boots....I did not feel much.
The Scrambler is a cool fun bike, but the quest to make it more comfortable for longer rides.......was never ending. I just use it for fun city drives.

Good luck !

27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both of the sets you are looking at have a maximum lowering of 15mm, which is about a little more that half an inch.....only!
I tried the Ion duals and sent them back. The 1/2 inch increase did nothing for me regarding leg room. and comfort wise, with my hard sole boots....I did not feel much.
The Scrambler is a cool fun bike, but the quest to make it more comfortable for longer rides.......was never ending. I just use it for fun city drives.

Good luck !
Well, that's interesting info,,,,,,so now guess i'm going to re-look at the Piug sets that are all over the net and perhaps the Ducati multistrada OEM 'exact fit' front pegs which involve 4 pt. #'s, which i can purchase from ducati of omaha,,,,,,,, Someone told me a Hyperstrada pegs would fit my ican but don't believe this,,,,,,Already addressed getting more comfort, reducing vibration by;
-adding the British Customs Corsa Moto Diamond Stitched Bench Seat; $389.95
-foam grip covers; $25
Once I stick on some better pegs w rubber inserts, that should do it,,,,,,,how difficult is it to adjust the shift lever on my duc icon? What tools r required, ect.?

Thank you,

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have the original Evo kit (which is now the Icon kit) on my Triumph Tiger. They are great on the Tiger, even on the high position that are still a little lower than the standard pegs and the larger surface is much more comfortable on longer rides or when standing. I have contemplated putting some on the Scrambler but have not got there yet. I doubt that you would be able to get any significant additional leg room on the Scrambler as there is not much seat to peg distance and moving the pegs down more than a small amount is going to cause peg scrape in corners I suspect.
If I fit them to the Scrambler it will be for comfort not for additional room.

27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the original Evo kit (which is now the Icon kit) on my Triumph Tiger. They are great on the Tiger, even on the high position that are still a little lower than the standard pegs and the larger surface is much more comfortable on longer rides or when standing. I have contemplated putting some on the Scrambler but have not got there yet. I doubt that you would be able to get any significant additional leg room on the Scrambler as there is not much seat to peg distance and moving the pegs down more than a small amount is going to cause peg scrape in corners I suspect.
If I fit them to the Scrambler it will be for comfort not for additional room.
Thanks for reply. I added a Corsa moto straight bench seat; this nice brw diamond stitched seat raises up my sitting position by 1 inch, so adds length, regarding the 'seat to peg' length,,,,,,so more leg room,,,,,regarding 'peg scrape', adj. the evo kit too low might be an issue,,,,,still can't decide which might be best for me; the duc oem multistrada pegs or the evo kit; i only drive smooth paved roads and don't lean bike for fast speed, sharp cornering; only standing on pegs when going over rr tracks or a bump i can't avoid. Anyone have an opinion on WHICH rider pegs would be best for me to buy with the way i drive my 2016 duc scrambler icon? Still excited about the EVO kit; don't believe adding the duc multistrada pegs allow any height adjustment,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
867 Posts
Any wider flatter pegs will be more comfortable on a longer ride even if you sit the whole way. Pick the ones you like best.

27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any wider flatter pegs will be more comfortable on a longer ride even if you sit the whole way. Pick the ones you like best.
Thanks for your reply,,,,,,,,probably going to 'roll the dice' and order the SW-MOTO.US; 'EVO KIT' they just lowered their price for the complete 2 peg kit to be, USD $157.95,,,,,,,,u r correct,,,,,wider and flatter has got to be all good regading replacing the stock rider pegs on my 2016 duc scrambler icon,,,,,

:love:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts