Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if we can improve the front brake by using high quality HH rated pads. I'm not really impressed with the front brake. Being a single disk I don't expect miracles, and I like the initial bite of the stock brake pads for city traffic and they will never surprise you int he rain. However, brake harder and you reach a point where braking hardly improves.

Anyone tried EBC HH rated front pads? Did it make a lot of difference?

thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
In my 748, 996 and a Mille R I loved these sintered pads. But those are all stiffly sprung short travel sports bikes. I think they may over power Scrambler forks and dive too quickly.
However as you point out it´s only a single disc set-up so it´ll be interesting to hear from anyone who has tried them on a scrambler.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a set for the front and the rear (rear was seriously wearing down).

Will keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fronts are still fine, my rear pads however are 2/3 down at 2500 miles. Admitted, lots of city traffic.

Bought them off ebay btw.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Received them yesterday and while installing I noticed the OEM pads are FF rated. I expect an interesting difference.

This weekend I'll be out, so most likely an update somewhere next week.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Max
are going to install F/R or just the Rear pads?
want know difference in brake performance.
keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Initial experience: What a difference!! Especially the front pads.

I always felt like the stock pads tailed off a bit a once you build up the pressure. Not so with the EBC HH pads. Initial bite is not much difference than OEM, but once squeezing harder the braking builds up much better than with the stock pads. And they hissss.

The rear looks to need a little more time to bed in, still feels a bit wooden but got better while riding in to work this morning.

For anyone looking for better brakes, you should consider changing the fronts to EBC HH pads. I honestly don't understand why Ducati chose FF pads for the OEM ones...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts