Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing Ducati would eventually design a 1100 DS depending on the reception of the new models. I was kind of holding on purchasing a DS for the new models. I guess I'll wait some more.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello

My 800 Desert Sled is really enough for me. On road, its weight and power is just the right one. I'd have loved a DS with the same weight than a Classic, but the DS mods made it a little bit heavier.

A 1100 DS would be certainly heavier than a 800 DS and it would become, imho, too much for road and TT usage.

More power, same remark. I really think I've enough power and torque on the 800 and supplementary power and torque would just bring nothing to me.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
A 1100 DS would be certainly heavier than a 800 DS and it would become, imho, too much for road and TT usage.
By much actually would you expect? One of the things that made 1100 Scrambler heavier is the Desert Sled swingarm they installed, and that ridiculous dual exhaust.

I would not be surprised if an 1100 DS would only be marginally heavier than the 800, given they remove the twin damper exhaust and use a Termi EVO....

That said, the current DS is not underpowered, I agree.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That would be a lot more heavy. Meh, I prefer it as 800. Would be extra cool if they come out with Sixty2 Desert Sled. (400cc)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Meh, a 400 Desert Sled would be too heavy/underpowered for a 400 imho.

You still have the heavier swing arm, reinforced frame....

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would not be surprised if an 1100 DS would only be marginally heavier than the 800, given they remove the twin damper exhaust and use a Termi EVO.....
Before, my DS, I had a Classic on which I installed an Evoline exhaust, which was really less heavy than the original exhaust. The Evoline and the DS exhaust are pretty much the same. I'm quite sure the extra-weight of the DS doesn't come from this. It may come from the swingarm, the fork, the front wheel and from the frame which is really different near the footrests.

In TT, power is not that much interesting. You need to be a good pilot to manage 86 HP in the mud...

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm actually waiting for the redesign of the 800. There will almost certainly be a "new" 800 either later this year as a 2019 or next year as a 2020 that will incorporate FBW maybe the new dash and some tuning and visual tweaks as a minimum. Depending on what happens then I might look at a "my" DS to go with "our" FT that I seem not to be allowed to ride much. :D
The 1100 Scrambler range really doesn't do much for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts