Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still working out the details for this but here is a general summary of what I have in mind:

We will have definite destinations each night. That way, if you can only join in for part of the journey, there will be a set rendezvous point each night, where you can find us.

The daily mileage will be around 250 miles (more or less) but not over 300.

I will have specific routes planned but in case of inclement weather, we may reroute (using a more direct route) to our set nightly destination.

Tentative Schedule:

Sunday June 21...Rendezvous in Elkins,WV

Monday June 22...Group Ride 1, ending in Bluefield, WV

Tuesday June 23...Group Ride 2, ending in Little Switzerland, NC

Wednesday June 24...Group Ride 3, ending in Tellico Plains, TN

Thursday June 25...Group Ride 4, ending in Banner Elk, NC

Friday June 26...Group Ride 5, ending in Richwood, WV

Saturday June 27...Group Ride 6, ending in Davis, WV

Sunday June 28...Ride home

From a distance, it looks like this:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Me. Unless weather forecast calls for a week of rain. Otherwise count me in. Tell me where and when to meet up with you, I'm coming from eastern New York. Looking forward!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Advanced weather forcast is looking great.
I will be in Elkins WV for the night of June 21st.

I will be coming from the west, so best to meet @ motel.

(I'll PM details.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
This looks awesome, and I'm in N.Va so could make it - but - not sure my butt could handle it and I'll also be out of town for much of the duration. Am interested, however, in future outings. I'll stay tuned.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This looks awesome, and I'm in N.Va so could make it - but - not sure my butt could handle it and I'll also be out of town for much of the duration. Am interested, however, in future outings. I'll stay tuned.
You do not have to do the whole ride.
Just plan a rendezvous and do a short bit along the way.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ogre, I'm hoping you haven't planned dirt roads in your Appalachian Scramble? I really don't want to go off pavement on my pretty new bike with vulnerable parts underneath.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ogre, I'm hoping you haven't planned dirt roads in your Appalachian Scramble? I really don't want to go off pavement on my pretty new bike with vulnerable parts underneath.
You are correct in me liking a bit of dirt but do not worry...this is all paved roads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts