Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to clear all service reminder lights and put in a more aggressive tune than my Termi up-map in the ecu. I am adding the MWR power up kit shortly and don’t want to make the drivability any worse than it already is. Don’t seem to be able to find a Rexxer unit for sale anymore...what gives?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the only performance mod I have is a Termi race slip on with up-map. My bike surges at certain rpms, stutters when give gas at other rpm and coughs and misfires completely when blipping the throttle on downshifts. IE runs worse than the 1980 CB650 Custom cafè racer I sold to buy it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
is very rare to buy a used Rexxer unit, if you find one remember need to reprogram the unit with your bike to get the map directly from Rexxer. I have a Rexxer unit an was able to clear service reminder light on my 2018 Icon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I buy any used Rexxer then have the company set it up for the Scrambler? I think I saw one on eBay. It looks like they might be switching over to a new unit design or something.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh, I guess it can vary then, but I’ve read about others having the same experience so I guess it’s not uncommon either.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My full Termi plus upmap cured all woes....well most....its still a Ducati aircooled v twin. Would have expected slip on Termi plus upmap to do same.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, the only performance mod I have is a Termi race slip on with up-map. My bike surges at certain rpms, stutters when give gas at other rpm and coughs and misfires completely when blipping the throttle on downshifts. IE runs worse than the 1980 CB650 Custom cafè racer I sold to buy it.
Thats weird, most people fitting the upmap with termi report vast improvements in fueling. Does your dash read "Race" when you switch on?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone gotten a dyno tune with their Rexxer unit or has everyone here gotten a map directly from Rexxer? I'm looking to do the MWR powerup kit with the tune to compliment the exhaust and I can get it tuned locally but am not sure if it's worth the extra money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Question for those that complain about surging and stuttering, have you tried keeping the bike in the 4000+ rpm range while cruising? I never noticed any issues after 4K on my stock bike, other than the occasional intake backfire when blipping the throttle but that's something to do with the secondary air pump being on and air going back into the intake system.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Below about 3800rpm my 2015 has poor fueling, stuttering and surging, so around town and in heavy traffic, very annoying. But above 4000 its fine.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Has anyone gotten a dyno tune with their Rexxer unit or has everyone here gotten a map directly from Rexxer? I'm looking to do the MWR powerup kit with the tune to compliment the exhaust and I can get it tuned locally but am not sure if it's worth the extra money.
if you buy a new Rexxer they will program a map for for bike, once you let them know your current bike upgrades. New Rexxer unit is sold thru their web site. Make sure your local tuner had done tuning/maps with Ducati Scramblers before, unless they have a OEM Ducati computer, ask them how much they charge and expected hp' gain.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes, Rexxer units are readily available. I'm actually in the middle of buying one.

If you're in the USA, go to rexxer.com and have a look there. Email [email protected] and he'll set you up. They are $600 for the Rexxer Evo User unit, with a cable and tune for your bike. You download the ECU form from the website, fill it in, and send it to David. He then builds your tunes for you, loads them on the unit, and sends it your way after you pay.

He's building mine right now, and I hope to have it in hand this week. My new Akrapovic slipon will be here tomorrow, and air filter the day after that.

:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking about getting it tuned directly in the ecu on the dyno but I will still be stuck with service lights on. The can you modify your own maps in the rexxer set up or do you need to buy each new map from rexxer?

·
Registered
734 Posts
for a new map, you have to get it from Rexxer. Yes you can adjust some parameters - Trimmer adjustment, Clear adaptive parameters

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was thinking about getting it tuned directly in the ecu on the dyno but I will still be stuck with service lights on. The can you modify your own maps in the rexxer set up or do you need to buy each new map from rexxer?
You have to get each map from Rexxer, but at least for those of us in the USA, David @ Rexxer is really awesome to deal with and will include multiple maps in the initial order.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts