Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! This question may be a bit confusing but i try my best to place the question clearly:
I have installed the heated grips on my 2018 desert sled. I dont like the rubber surface of it, and wondered if i could put other grips over the heating „device“ that lays underneath. But bc of the way the heated grips are built, i know for sure that normal grips wont fit over it. Hence my question: does anyone know if there are other rubber grips to put over the heating device or is the decision more like „custom grips or heated grips“ in which case the heated grips as they are, are not interchangable.
Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I use Grip Puppies or Pussy Grips or whatever brand is easiest to buy on almost all my bikes over heated grips just because I prefer a larger diameter grip. One benefit on the Tiger in particular is that they seem to eliminate the right hand numbness that many Triumph owners experience. They do take a bit of heat out of the heated grips. I don't have them on the Scrambler because SWMBO who rides the bike often does not like them. If I was the only rider I would not hesitate to put them over the OEM Scrambler heated grips (which are installed on my bike).
This is my current Tiger with Grip Puppies (or were they Pussy Grips?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts