Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to what a Red Icon would look like with the "Classic" spoke wheels. Can anyone on here do a quick photoshop of that?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi There DiavelM3! New to the forum here and saw your question. I had already done just that for myself. It is a very very quick job, but it will help you get the idea. I've got my deposit down on the red! Also note; I have added the lower skid plate from the Enduro as well.
Ducati Scrambler Icon Red with Wire Wheels SM.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi There DiavelM3! New to the forum here and saw your question. I had already done just that for myself. It is a very very quick job, but it will help you get the idea. I've got my deposit down on the red! Also note; I have added the lower skid plate from the Enduro as well. View attachment 98
Wow! thank you scowa18! That is amazing and exactly what I was looking for!
I plan on going with this setup and wondered how it would look. The added skid plate is a fantastic touch!
Thanks again! This is my desktop wallpaper now :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow! thank you scowa18! That is amazing and exactly what I was looking for!
I plan on going with this setup and wondered how it would look. The added skid plate is a fantastic touch!
Thanks again! This is my desktop wallpaper now :)
Just curious - have you talked with your dealer about the cost to add spoke wheels to your icon? Do you mind sharing the details...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just curious - have you talked with your dealer about the cost to add spoke wheels to your icon? Do you mind sharing the details...
I spoke to my dealer, who I bought my Diavel from and they were uncertain about a swap or wheel price because they won't get any bikes until March or April of 2015. I called a different dealer to see if a wheel swap can be done before they receive it and they haven't got back to me yet but if I hear something, I'd be more than happy to share it here.
I'm hoping I can do a wheel swap without having to purchase brand new wire wheels but we'll see

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Skowa18, I've been unsuccessful in finding anyone on the forum to do photoshop until now. You obviously know what you're doing. The red Icon wheel and skid plate swap looks great. Is there any way you can turn the mag wheels from black to silver on a Yellow Icon ? To me this would more reflect the look of the original yellow scrambler that had aluminum wire wheels.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey Skowa18, I've been unsuccessful in finding anyone on the forum to do photoshop until now. You obviously know what you're doing. The red Icon wheel and skid plate swap looks great. Is there any way you can turn the mag wheels from black to silver on a Yellow Icon ? To me this would more reflect the look of the original yellow scrambler that had aluminum wire wheels.

Hi meloman,
No problem! Not a perfect example, but should give you a good idea of what it would look like. Here it is in the yellow and the red, just in case anyone wants to see that. Hope this helps!
2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon 62 Yellow with Polished Aluminum Wheels.jpg
2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon Red with Polished Aluminum Wheels.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very cool !!! Just needs a bobber seat and ape hangers to complete the look. :)

What software do you use to do your magic ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Love that wood grain scowa18!
Thanks! Since the side plates appear to be a pretty simple swap, I'm sure it could be done. Although, I'm wondering how easy. Maybe too easy. Hopefully we don't find that they fall off or are easily stolen. Anyone know how they are attached? I see a single hole in the side plate, but that appears to be more for attaching the logo plates. Anyone see the back of these plates?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks! Since the side plates appear to be a pretty simple swap, I'm sure it could be done. Although, I'm wondering how easy. Maybe too easy. Hopefully we don't find that they fall off or are easily stolen. Anyone know how they are attached? I see a single hole in the side plate, but that appears to be more for attaching the logo plates. Anyone see the back of these plates?
Actually, just found this pic and answered my own question. Interesting
Side Plate Connection.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts